A little suggestion

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 am

Jayjay wrote:Signalling server is the central point clients connect to in order to re-direct to your game server. I don't know if you can make one yourself, but there is no need to do that as it merely allows players to join your server.

All things that happen regarding the game itself are on your server, or if you allow people to host their own servers then through them.

I take it you're trying to do something like an MMO?

I am so sorry that I still don't get it.(Maybe I am a Chinese and not very good at English, but I am trying hard to communicate with you.)

1.You said “All things that happen regarding the game itself are on your server”, does it mean that when people connect to the signalling server, their game itself will be a server, no need a real server??

2.And you're right, I just trying to do something like an MMO, which I can monitor players with my server. Can C2 do that?=
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:30 pm

No problem, Multiplayer is an advanced concept so I understand :)

1. Essentially yes. If you are the first person to host a server and leave it running 24/7 nobody else will be able to become a server if you want to prevent that. (or you can password protect it).

2. I believe it's possible, it's just a matter of adding extra functions for when the program is chosen to be server (Eg: You start the game first).
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 am

Jayjay wrote:No problem, Multiplayer is an advanced concept so I understand :)

1. Essentially yes. If you are the first person to host a server and leave it running 24/7 nobody else will be able to become a server if you want to prevent that. (or you can password protect it).

2. I believe it's possible, it's just a matter of adding extra functions for when the program is chosen to be server (Eg: You start the game first).

Ah~I totally understand.
It means, if a create an app, which can connect to a "xxx"game,"xxx"instance and "xxx"room,and I write some event to monitor players, it will just become a server!
And, I create another app, which can connect to the some game/instance/room, than they can be what I wanted they be~!

It that correct??
B

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Very close! The first player into that room will be the server, and I think the Multiplayer plugin has a condition that can trigger when this happens, then you can turn on the monitoring players code instead of the gameplay code (or turn on both if you'd like to play and monitor at the same time).

I think you can have a separate version of the game for players yeah, but they have to have the same game name or they might not find the server I think.

I've not yet played around with Multiplayer too much, but if I get time to make an example I will upload it in this post :)
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:37 am

Jayjay wrote:Very close! The first player into that room will be the server, and I think the Multiplayer plugin has a condition that can trigger when this happens, then you can turn on the monitoring players code instead of the gameplay code (or turn on both if you'd like to play and monitor at the same time).

I think you can have a separate version of the game for players yeah, but they have to have the same game name or they might not find the server I think.

I've not yet played around with Multiplayer too much, but if I get time to make an example I will upload it in this post :)

Thanks a lot for answering, you are so kind!
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General