A new creations section?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I had an idea ,There can be a section in your creations in which you can choose where to post your creations such as beginner,Intermediate and advanced.It would be so much easier to find more advanced games on the forums.

• I don't think that's a particularly good idea.

Who decides what's beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Why foster a forum culture where games are divided by technical skills rather than artistic expression?

Where is this avalanche of games and software being posted on the forums that you have to categorize them?

And lastly -- It makes it harder, not easier.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think that's a particularly good idea.

Who decides what's beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Why foster a forum culture where games are divided by technical skills rather than artistic expression?

Where is this avalanche of games and software being posted on the forums that you have to categorize them?

And lastly -- It makes it harder, not easier.

I see what you mean.But it would make it easier though.And it's very easy to spot advanced games,gfx and gameplay.Adv games are just more complex,gfx wise and gameplay wise.Anyway it was just a thought.

• I still think a subsection in the "my creations" section for development logs would be great. There are a lot of games being made in construct I wish I could keep track of easier. It inspires and motivates me watching the progress of my peers.

• Wouldn't that go for help topics? like beginner questions, intermediate and advanced help topics? but for creation I would put it like this.

W.I.P. Creations

Demo Creations

Prototype Creations

Abandoned Creations and Finished Creations

I find that a better idea.

• Wouldn't that go for help topics? like beginner questions, intermediate and advanced help topics? but for creation I would put it like this.

W.I.P. Creations

Demo Creations

Prototype Creations

Abandoned Creations and Finished Creations

I find that a better idea.

may i ask what is the difference between Prototype Creations and W.I.P. Creations?

it's pretty much the same thing if you ask me.

• Prorotypes are generally engines used for next projects to take from that engine, W.I.P are projects that are still being worked on and actually have content.

• I think the creation forum should be kept as it is, but should also contain a Completed Projects section.

• I think the creation forum should be kept as it is, but should also contain a Completed Projects section.

agreed.

• I think the creation forum should be kept as it is, but should also contain a Completed Project

• It makes this too elitist but I do agree on the completed section thing and maybe even certain genres if we ever get more games released like Action, RPG etc...

• I don't know why it's elitist to have a "completed games" section, it is simply what it says, a section for completed games.

I can imagine some people coming here only wanting to test completed games, that way it would be easier for them to find them more quickly, wich would result in Construct becoming more popular quicker aswell (if the games are good)

Seems to be a good Idea.

Mr. Snooley

• Err if you can read I meant that it would be elitist to have beginner, pro etc. forums -.- and after that I said that I completely agree with the completed section!

• Maybe a top contributors section?.So that people can see who contributes the most games , plugins etc.It will motivate people to create more content and more games.There's nothing elitist about that is there?.

• Maybe a top contributors section?.So that people can see who contributes the most games , plugins etc.It will motivate people to create more content and more games.There's nothing elitist about that is there?.

You can't rush art. I think that having a "top contributors" would be unhealthy because doing so would prioritize quantity over quality. It would give people who spam the forums incessantly with trivial shovelware "top contributor" status when plenty of other people take their time making well-made games.

The "My Creations" thread is fine the way it is.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)