A new creations section?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm

It makes this too elitist but I do agree on the completed section thing and maybe even certain genres if we ever get more games released like Action, RPG etc...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:38 am

I don't know why it's elitist to have a "completed games" section, it is simply what it says, a section for completed games. :)

I can imagine some people coming here only wanting to test completed games, that way it would be easier for them to find them more quickly, wich would result in Construct becoming more popular quicker aswell (if the games are good) :P

Seems to be a good Idea.

Mr. Snooley
B
G

Post » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 am

Err if you can read I meant that it would be elitist to have beginner, pro etc. forums -.- and after that I said that I completely agree with the completed section!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 am

Maybe a top contributors section?.So that people can see who contributes the most games , plugins etc.It will motivate people to create more content and more games.There's nothing elitist about that is there?.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 pm

[quote="DravenX":31mxmg4h]Maybe a top contributors section?.So that people can see who contributes the most games , plugins etc.It will motivate people to create more content and more games.There's nothing elitist about that is there?.[/quote:31mxmg4h]
You can't rush art. I think that having a "top contributors" would be unhealthy because doing so would prioritize quantity over quality. It would give people who spam the forums incessantly with trivial shovelware "top contributor" status when plenty of other people take their time making well-made games.

The "My Creations" thread is fine the way it is.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 am

I also think the "Your Creations" section works nicely as is. Though it would be good with some way to find finished games, but I think that adding a new section to the forum is a bit much. I propose a simpler solution.

A stickied thread in the "Your Creations" section where you can make a post when you've finished a project. Either linking directly to the game, or the thread you made earlier for the game when it was being worked on. That way we both have a way to find completed games easier, and avoid needlessly changing the forum around too much.

And yeah, having some sort of ranking system puts a needless strain on people to work on their games.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:52 pm

still no response from the admins?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Ive got one , How about a OMG WTF section?.Where you can rant and rave about anything.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 pm

It's called Open Topic.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 am

[quote="inkBot":2z2inxbk]I also think the "Your Creations" section works nicely as is. Though it would be good with some way to find finished games, but I think that adding a new section to the forum is a bit much. I propose a simpler solution.

A stickied thread in the "Your Creations" section where you can make a post when you've finished a project. Either linking directly to the game, or the thread you made earlier for the game when it was being worked on. That way we both have a way to find completed games easier, and avoid needlessly changing the forum around too much.

And yeah, having some sort of ranking system puts a needless strain on people to work on their games.[/quote:2z2inxbk]

Yeah I like the sticky thread
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion