A* pathfinding in javascript

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I also think you should leave the movement of the object to the person making the game.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm

[QUOTE=Tom] Great demo, really cool![/QUOTE]
Thank you

[QUOTE=Arima] I also think you should leave the movement of the object to the person making the game.[/QUOTE]   

[QUOTE=Ashley] Nice!

I wouldn't make the behavior move the object. No matter what you do, for the majority of games it's probably not quite what is needed. For example tile games just want to step a whole cell at a time, and an RTS might use a steering vehicle style. IMO the behavior should just return the list of waypoints by expressions and then the user can make the movement via events... that seems to hit the right balance between "taking care of it for the user" and "not telling the user what they want", which is the balance all of C2 has to strike just right.[/quote]

Well I strongly inspired myself of the rts behavior from CC (which I've had a lot of fun with, but also saw some of the limits).
I was aiming at proposing the maximum options/settings. (as proposing two type of walk: straight in the cell, as previously, and also the current floating one which I see potential in ^^)
Well, I'll just put more options, as well as the "don't move parent" and "return pathlist".
If I had knew this a few days ago, I wouldn't have hurt myself getting it to work
But in the same time this has been very taughtful.

[QUOTE=Ashley]There's definitely no file size limit. I guess there is a mistake in your script the minifier doesn't like. Did you read the section on Google Closure Compiler in the SDK docs?[/QUOTE]

Yep I took a look at it, I'm not sure what have "broke" it though. My runtime went above 1000 lines and the minifier just stopped working, with seemingly no output message (that's frustrating)

Anyway, I'll make sure to clean all the code before releasing the behavior and make it "closure" compliant.

I've read from all the websites and sources you pointed me to and learnt a lot quickly and quite easily.Kyatric2011-08-19 20:41:51
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 am

[QUOTE=Kyatric]the demo with my last version of the behavior.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Kyatric,
The page you link to doesn't seem to work for me. It just shows a thin black frame with nothing in it.

Can you update the link?

Thanks!
Loathian
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 am

The correct topic is there:
(Behavior">PathFinder.

I'll take down those old links, they seem to provide some confusion.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General