A Plethora of Noobish Questions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Right, so, I've been fiddling around with this program for a few days now, starting to get the hang of the basic of basics. However, I would like to know a couple of things before I fully commit to using this engine.

1. Just how big can a game made by Construct 2 be?

2. Is there a way to implement RPG-like classes? If so, 90 of them?

3. Is this even the right place for these kinds of questions? XD

So, yeah. I'm starting really small for now, those above questions are kind of for down-the-road stuff.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. It really depends on what you mean by "big". In general, Construct 2 doesn't limit the scope of games you can create, within reason. It's all really a matter of how much effort you're willing to put in. If we're being honest, a lot of users have a poorly calibrated sense of how much effort is required to pull certain things off.

2. It can be done, and again, Construct 2 won't be the limiting factor when it comes to scope. I'd suggest searching through the tutorials section for ideas on how to do this.

3. You're a beginner, these are beginner questions, I'd say yes.

Also, welcome to forums, it's good to have you!

• Your biggest issue will be effectively handling and storing your game data once it gets to a certain size. I find data structures in C2 to be very rudimentary but you can make it work.

• Write something really really small first.

yours

Winkr7

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Write something really really small first.

yours

Winkr7

Indeed I am. Not to worry, it's not the first time I've tried to make games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)