A question about the capacity of construct 2

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Hello,
i am begginner with construct, but i have experience in others engines. I need to know if its possible to do this type of game with construct. Its like side scroller rts.

Like samurai-rebellion

If it's possible, anyone have a tutorial? For me the difficult, its to spawn the unit's.
Thanks!
B

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Yes you can, but what does the capacity do with it???
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

He means capacity like the ability to understand the question.
The answer to both is yes, with a lot of work.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 pm

@newt thanks for clearing things up! Know I understand
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 pm

capacity, for me, is if its possible to do this type of game in construct. I know its possible in unity engine, but i dont know if its more easy to do in construct. Did you know if there is a tutorial about this type of game, i only find plataform tutorials. Thanks
B

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:47 pm

gvinagre wrote:capacity, for me, is if its possible to do this type of game in construct. I know its possible in unity engine, but i dont know if its more easy to do in construct. Did you know if there is a tutorial about this type of game, i only find plataform tutorials. Thanks

As newt said it is possible, but a lot of work involved.

gvinagre wrote:For me the difficult, its to spawn the unit's.

Can't help much because I'm not familiar the game but to spawn unit, you'd want to familiarize yourself with 4 important things (cause I think it has similarities with the project I'm working on).

-Condition: Pick (try to understand everyone of them)
-Action: Create Object (to spawn)
-SysExp: Tokenat (the most useful thing ever for me, used this with picking condition and array a lot)
-Object: array (to keep your data)[try to master the use of array.at() and array.indexof()]

If you're going for multiplayer, It's going to be on a totally different level. Cheers!
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas