a question

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • i heard this thing will not be open source, or the president-like promise about porting it for opengl, to make space for gnu/linux and so...i was amazed about C2, but it will be open source with no getting any advantage, just being a regular software like gamemaker, just with more advanced things.

another question is, what will happen with the oldest version?, will they still being open source?

• C2 is planned to be a commercial software you'll have to pay for. While Construct Classic (the old version) will remains open sourced, supported and developed by the Scirra community itself.

C2 is still in development and is available for free to let people test it and help improving it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • but open source never meant free of charge, re-think about it

• Your writing makes it hard to tell what you're asking (you're linked website is in Spanish, so that makes sense), but if this is what you wanted to know:

Construct 2 - Closed source, commercial (though test builds are free for the time being)

Construct Classic - Open source, free

• There will also be a free version of Construct 2, details are being finalised on this.

• i heard this thing will not be open source, or the president-like promise about porting it for opengl, to make space for gnu/linux

Construct 2 already uses OpenGL for the editor, and has plans for exporting OpenGL applications I think (right now it use HTML5, which works great for phone/web). I'm not certain if the editor/runtime stuff will come to Linux but I don't see why it can't.

• Completey unreleated question but what will be the difference between the commerical version of C2 and the free version?

• Completey unreleated question but what will be the difference between the commerical version of C2 and the free version?

...details are being finalised on this.

• I seen that part...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)