A simple height map mesh engine

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:37 am

I'm talking about placing meshes next to each other like a tile map. If you place one right after another, you will get a line where the background shows through. It has something to do with 3d layering, not sure if its a bug tho...
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:59 am

[quote="newt":k1956hgn]I'm talking about placing meshes next to each other like a tile map. If you place one right after another, you will get a line where the background shows through. It has something to do with 3d layering, not sure if its a bug tho...[/quote:k1956hgn]

Well that's just made meshes useless for what I intended to use them for.. Back to the shader idea *sighs*
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 am

If you turn off 3d layering it will work, but that's limiting as well. What you can do is place a background behind those sprites. As long as its the same texture you wont notice anything much. Still your best bet is stretching a mesh, that in conjunction with them being tiled should solve most everything. A few big mesh's are still way better than an fx.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 am

[quote="newt":vsc9lo3k]If you turn off 3d layering it will work, but that's limiting as well. What you can do is place a background behind those sprites. As long as its the same texture you wont notice anything much. Still your best bet is stretching a mesh, that in conjunction with them being tiled should solve most everything. A few big mesh's are still way better than an fx.[/quote:vsc9lo3k]

It's just as bad with 3D layering turned off :( There's no way I can use it in this state. I was really excited about it too, thought finally, somethings working right and turning out great. :(

Think I'll just go remake Deuteros, that's just a bunch of pictures and numbers, lol.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files