A Small Robot Story (DEMO AVAILABLE) | Dev Log

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:33 pm

megalocrator wrote:Happy, even relieved that you keep this going. Oh i know too the pains (an pleasures) of developing one big project solo on your own -- but you're no more solo on your own, seemingly. Congratulations dude! ASRH keeps looking and feeling brilliant. Last level, level four?

Thanks!

Yeah Level 4 will be the last one. Each level has at least 3 stages, so it'll be like Level 1-1, 1-2, etc.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Excellent game, I just tested.
I missed a dash or slide because at various times where I pick up a card I need to walk long distances without any enemies on the screen.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:26 pm

It has been a while I've been here but I am really glad to see how the game has evolved! And congratulations for the job in the industry too! =)

Will there be a MacOS compatible version?
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Seriously, this is so cool looking, really love the style you have going! I wanna play it!!!

In the meantime, I was wondering, which text dialog system did you purchase? It's exactly the look I was aiming for. I am eventually going to need a system for dialog, I am currently in the prelim takes of putting together a game concept brief.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey everyone!

Development on ASRS slowed down a bit this March due to a ton of travel for work. BUT! I've got additional help both with development and art and things are moving forward. My plan is to finish content by May and use the summer to polish it. We'll see if I manage to stick to that schedule :lol:

@rotgut Thanks! I used the @Magistross dialogue plugin. Super good!

@taistelusopuli I'm mostly focusing on the PC version (since that's the platform I'm developing on) but may do an MacOS version after the initial release.

@guimaraf Thanks for the feedback! I've since eliminated the card/barrier mechanic. Levels are now more linear (similar to megaman levels) and good news: there will be a dash ability in the final release of the game :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 am

Got this riot shield bot set up. Might make him taller so you need to double-jump him...
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Got our artist's new cut scenes in the game!

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 08, 2017 10:59 am

The cut scenes look really good :o
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Development continues!

"Yeah that's cool dude, but you started this game 2 years ago. Where are you really at?"

Fair enough! Here is whats left:
  • Level 3 and Level 4 design/layout
  • Code cut scene sequences for Level 3 and the end
  • Main menu
  • Polish pass
  • Steam integration
  • Probable frustration with nw.js export not working right

So that is a quick list of what is left. I'm not too intimidated by it since most of it doesn't consist of developing new things; just arranging things that are already developed. Just finished all enemies and final boss for the last level. Up next is level design for Level 3 and Level 4. To me, level design is a breeze and should only take a week or two.

Excited to see the end of the tunnel!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Last level is almost complete. We're getting there!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests