A top-down action Dungeon Crawler

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:09 pm

MultipleChoice wrote:Still can't get to the link, sorry.

The one from the first post?

--> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/651 ... index.html
Working on "EVERBLAST"
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:10 pm

What browser are you using?
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:54 am

@LarryP: it is the link not working, I tried in Chrome an FF. Can you just post a link which shows there please? The original one seems to contain spaces and such not enabling it to forward you to the proper address. After I remove those, it is still not working, but maybe it my bad.

Now the direct link works, thanks @Kraudi.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:03 am

Altogether my first impression is, that it is "too fast" and hectic. But it is a nice base to develop from.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:43 am

It's a nice start! Look forward to seeing where you go with it, are you planning to have character classes etc a la Diablo? All that juicy design stuff ahead of you :D

My own project is kinda similar (link in my sig), and in case you're still worried, it is certainly possible to make a procedurally-generated dungeon crawler in C2! I should think as long as you carry on using tilemaps, and cut down your sprite count wherever possible, you ought to be fine memory-wise.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:28 am

I'm sorry everyone, I didn't realize this thread got some attention.

Thanks for feedback, but I'd say this project is on hold, but not just because.

It's not forgotten, but I've been working on another project. but still, for the dungeon crawler, I decided to go 3D, or at least give it a try.

I wanted to work on some 3D modeling, that's why. It will be long time until I go back to this project but here's something I got out of it.

Cheers ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Understandable. I went back to Unity3d myself. :)

EDIT 2-2-2015: I came back, Unity3d sucks. :oops:
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests