A Very Simple One For The Forums Hopefully :D

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Message: Jophiel can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hello Wonderful community, I have been trying to figure out 2 things for maybe a future game.(download link to capx bellow) :)

1.I want the player to go thru the platform he is standing on onto the other platform below when I press down on the keyboard, and when I press up on the keyboard I want the player to go back up,BUT I want to achieve this without having the player jumping....so if you download the capx you will see I set the jump strength to 0

2.In the capx I provided you will see that when you are overlapping the point and you press spacebar, it adds 1 to the score..BUT I only want to add 1 to the score once..so when I press spacebar a second time it does nothing

PLEASE HELP!!

http://bit.ly/1bVNJqT
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:16 am

I can't open the file because it's from a new C2 version, i'm using 201.
Any way you can move the player up like this:
Up arrow is pressed - player set y to (Self y - 10)

And about the score, you can destroy the point:
player overlapping point - add 1 to score
spacebar is pressed destroy point - or set collision enable
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 3:47 am

AONasser covered it, I will add for #2 that if you don't want to destroy point for some reason you will need to use a variable toggle.

Ie. overlapping point + spacebar pressed + alreadyScored=0 = add 1 to score, set alreadyScored=1
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 3:38 am

chrisinfinger wrote:AONasser covered it, I will add for #2 that if you don't want to destroy point for some reason you will need to use a variable toggle.

Ie. overlapping point + spacebar pressed + alreadyScored=0 = add 1 to score, set alreadyScored=1

Hey, :) thank you so much..it means a lot for me for you to share some of your wisdom, I am still such a noob..and I was wondering if you can implement both my probs for me into the capx provided PLEASE! :|
B
S

Post » Sat May 02, 2015 4:14 am

To the best I understand what your asking, here is the .capx:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-ufu2WID53eC1jMkU4SEN5b2s (use download arrow in upper right corner)

I did the scoring based on AONasser's version where the scoring block is destroyed when the point is given.
If you want to keep the scoring block then I can add my variable method.
Last edited by chrisinfinger on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Message: Jophiel can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
chrisinfinger wrote:To the best I understand what your asking, here is the .capx:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2346355/UpDownSpaceScoreExampleThingy.capx

I did the scoring based on AONasser's version where the scoring block is destroyed when the point is given.
If you want to keep the scoring block then I can add my variable method.

Hey thank you for sharing your wisdom to me and the forums this is awesome :) indeed a constuct wizard :D but I want to apologize for not making myself clear in the questions I asked, let me rephrase a tad..for the first problem, I wanted to press up at the just goes up to the next level without having to hold up, BUT nevermind that :)

I would love to see your variable option you mentioned for the second problem..because the idea is that there will be many blocks. but I don't want the block to be deleted :|

THANKS! looking forward to your response
B
S

Post » Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 pm

I wanted to press up at the just goes up to the next level without having to hold up, BUT nevermind that

Yeah I wasn't sure exactly what you envisioned. I will play around with a more snappy method. How many platforms will there be?

Here is the variable version where the point giving block is not destroyed, its very simple.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-ufu2WID53dTVaVDUtclJVUzA
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?