[QUOTE=thehen] Ahhh this is so good, really addicted. I've filled up the high-score table haha.
Some constructive observations:
- I'd like to see the weapons 'power up' before firing so I can be more strategic where I jump. A purpley red glow that gets brighter just before firing would fit in nicely with your palette, whilst still drawing attention to them.
- I found slowing down time to be more inhibitive so I never used it. With the purpose of jumping continuously, you're always looking to jump on the next platform, but this slows them down. I'd lose that ability personally.
- To add urgency to having only one life, if the UI could throb and some sound plays. I could see myself jumping around in a frenzied panic if that happened.
- There's a deep satisfaction in nearly dying and then being able to get back to full life. I think you could play on that if you spawned more life pickups when on low life.
- I found myself going from three lives to none very quickly if getting hit by a lot of stuff at once. Adding a longer period of invincibility after getting hit should fix that.
Really great game, I got properly sucked in :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna go straight to work altering it based on your feedback.
The time-slow seems to be counter-intuitive indeed. It was something i added towards the end of the jam, just to have "a cool feature", and the game wasnt really balanced around it at all. It feels "slap-on", and i dont use it myself - which should have triggered me to remove it or alter it!
Will upload an updated version later today!