A way of having thousands of objects

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:23 am

@newt - I've already tried render cells when it was first introduced and it did nothing for me. I believe to see a difference from that, you'd need 10s of thousands of objects. Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean the canvas is already an array?

@gamecorpstudio - the problem isn't that they're all on screen simultaneously, it's that they're all in the same layout. And yes, we have over 5000 objects in some layouts and of course it runs @ 60 fps (I play games, so I have a decent computer), but a lot of "gamers" out there don't have such computers, but still expect to be able to play it as they can play other 2d games with ease.

@corlenbelspar - it does indeed kill cpu due to destroying and creating massive amounts of objects, but as long as it's not done every tick, it seems to be okay (I've found picking 3 sprites per stage and cascading them on an every 1 second event does the trick)
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 am

Storing x,y,and angle is redundant as you can reference objects directly.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:43 am

@ome6a1717 - I figured out a sort of cheater's way of having for example the illusion of thousands of enemies in a single layout. What I do is have them spawn from spawn objects only when the spawn objects come on screen and then when it get up to like 200 or more enemies it begins randomly deleting ones far enough off screen.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General