About r191 (RE: Room Object)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:24 pm

What's the current status on this?

As it currently stands, I'll probably keep my one-screen-per-layout approach to a nonlinear zelda-y world, since it sounds like it has very few drawbacks once I figure out how to seamlessly handle the transition between screens... (save player X and Y in a variable, maybe, and alter one or the other to put the player on the 'opposite side' of the screen?)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:40 pm

@Televangelist There's no need to use multiple layouts as "rooms" now that we have the "Recreate initial objects" action and rendering cells. Check em out!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Won't the Events sheet for that single layout become very bloated, if it's clogged with the various NPC interactions, events, etc. from a dozen different screens?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Check out "event sheet includes". The idea is to have a "parent" event sheet attached to a layout, then other event sheets attached to that.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 pm

The other thing I worry about is if I'm making my zelda-y world multiplayer... far and away the easiest way to avoid too much data having to sync back and forth seems to be that players only 'sync' with each other if they're on the same screen together. If they're on the same layout, that's easy; not sure if it's equally easy if you have one large layout separated out like this.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General