about rpg games

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Number 2 is already covered on the "How do I....? board. You can backwards engineer it to your purposes.
how-do-i-frequently-asked-questions_t63692

Here's the direct link to how to do it.
how-do-i-make-a-pop-up-in-the-game_p808043?#p808043
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:05 pm

for no.1 is instance variables can be useful i have seen in some that to use instance variables but cant able to do can anyone explain in details
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Here's how I used global variables to position my character. Obviously ignore the things specific to my project like the fades, functions, included event sheets, etc. This should give you an idea on how to approach this. Be warned though, eventually this way of doing things broke on me when I was creating the events to go from layout 3 to layout 4. I couldn't position my character anymore. The character would automatically position itself to x 0, and y the bottom of my layout. I could add an action where I set the players layer but that broke the camera. Hope this helps.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 pm

If you are wanting to use the assets you are already using for the cutscenes then you just need to disable the controls while the cutscenes are going on and set events to control the character and NPCs.

So you need an event that triggers the cutscene then event out everything you want done.

If you mean like a video that is outside the scope of Construct (as in creating the video).
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:37 pm

@heyguy the link you have given and saw that and try to use that in my project but its not working ...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Be more specific. Why wasn't it working? What do you think went wrong? I recommend you take a look at the capx again and go over it thoroughly. You might have missed something. I just implemented a dialogue pop up system very similar to this for my game. When the player collides with an important game upgrade, you get a message explaining the button to press to activate it. At first, I couldn't get it to work but I didn't have the variables and "Set Text" function correct. That link and capx is just one of many ways to create a dialogue system. Use the search function in the forums and the search function in the tutorials section to find more examples. Search for "dialogue" or "cutscenes".

If you're having problems with variables, you have to take a look at the manual, other game examples and experiment with other tutorials. This is a tutorial that really helped me understand variables a bit better and helped me move forward in making my game.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/158/ve ... two-states
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm

ok i got it now its its working fine @heyguy thanks a ton friend but can you also fix my first problem too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 pm

@prashant3999

Why dont you:

L1-city On start of layout>>(check instance variable "IsInShop")>>
If true>>player.X and player.Y = door.X and door.Y
If false>>another place

To make this work you need to create the instance variable "IsInShop" for the player.
Then:
L2-shop On collision with door>>Set "IsInShop" to true
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:57 am

Did you see my post on your other topic?

about-rpg-games_t179673

Look at my last post. That's how I moved my player from one layout to another and back and forth. Eventually though that system broke on me. For some reason, switching from layout 3 to layout 4 never worked correctly. I couldn't place the character in the position I wanted.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:53 pm

its working its now worked i have done this created instance variable for character and event sheet L1 written on collision with door -go to layoutL2 and set variable to 1 and in event sheet of L2 written that on collision with door - go to layout L1 and set variable to 2 NOW in event sheet of L1 written in compare varables when variable set to 2- position of hero and set variable to 3 and on another event when variable set to 3 - 8 direction movement enabled.. man now its working..perfectly thnks for your replies @heyguy and @Programmer25
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Beginner's Questions