About Sprites

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 am

Hi everyone,
(I do not know the English language well I apologize if there are errors the topic)
I am currently working on a new start in the game but the problem is in sprites that inside the game I have not draw it but I have found it in a store: assetstore.unity3d .com
It is similar to Scirra store of ..
I found important sprites
But I did not buy because I've found already after search
Question Is it right to the owner of sprites that removes my own game from Google Play or whether it is normal
Another question Can I use any character I want to use in the game, or is there rights belonging to this character for a certain company, and I want to make it clear
The character that I've found, such as a rabbit or a knight, and so places and some music
Does this cause problems in the game or I have the right to do what I want in my own game and will not happen anything like remove the game because of copyright ..
B
7
S
2
Posts: 11
Reputation: 549

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:31 am

Not too sure exactly what you're asking for here, but it all depends on what the listing on the Unity Asset store said.

If it's a paid sprite pack and you've taken it without paying, then it's likely that the owner won't be too happy if you use them in your game.

If you paid for them , then I imagine that you've paid for the right to use them in your game, though you should check the actual listing in the Unity Store to make sure.

If it's a free pack, then you should be okay to use them in your game, but again you should check the listing.

Hope that helps.
B
10
S
4
G
5
Posts: 139
Reputation: 2,983

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 am

Squeemish wrote:Not too sure exactly what you're asking for here, but it all depends on what the listing on the Unity Asset store said.

If it's a paid sprite pack and you've taken it without paying, then it's likely that the owner won't be too happy if you use them in your game.

If you paid for them , then I imagine that you've paid for the right to use them in your game, though you should check the actual listing in the Unity Store to make sure.

If it's a free pack, then you should be okay to use them in your game, but again you should check the listing.

Hope that helps.


i have sprites but i did not buy it in Unity Asset store
Because I do not own any means of payment for the purchase does this affect the rights of publishing the game on Google Play or not?
Thanks ^^
B
7
S
2
Posts: 11
Reputation: 549

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:48 am

Can you link to the sprites on the Asset Store?
B
10
S
4
G
5
Posts: 139
Reputation: 2,983

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:53 am

It seems you are saying that you saw some assets in the unity store, but then found them elsewhere using searches, and want to know if it's ok to use them?

If this is the case, then I would say the answer is a resounding no.

When it boils down to it, the choice is yours to make, but it is obvious to anyone that unless you create the assets, or purchase them, or find some free assets, then you could be on dodgy ground, especially using assets 'found' on the net.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
Moderator
B
126
S
29
G
73
Posts: 5,087
Reputation: 51,994

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:13 am

Squeemish wrote:Can you link to the sprites on the Asset Store?


can i get your mail to setnt the link
Last edited by mario4ever on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
7
S
2
Posts: 11
Reputation: 549

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 am

zenox98 wrote:It seems you are saying that you saw some assets in the unity store, but then found them elsewhere using searches, and want to know if it's ok to use them?

If this is the case, then I would say the answer is a resounding no.

When it boils down to it, the choice is yours to make, but it is obvious to anyone that unless you create the assets, or purchase them, or find some free assets, then you could be on dodgy ground, especially using assets 'found' on the net.


Okay I understand it, thank you for helping
B
7
S
2
Posts: 11
Reputation: 549


Return to Beginner's Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests