About the car movement

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:15 am

Its just like the car movement, except there's more... way more. You can still do bounce, but not if you don't want to. It handles acceleration, variable turning radius, brake distance, heck you can even have spin outs.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

[quote="blankedt":184x5eak][quote="Yaraslau":184x5eak]blankedt, would you mind writing the tutorial? I have the same problem with car behavior, but still have lack in knowledge. So...any tutorial would be great and helpful (even in the form of simple text).[/quote:184x5eak]
Do you want a tutorial on how to get the car to stop when it hits something?
[/quote:184x5eak]

Better two things: how to stop while hitting something and how to lower bouncing.

By the way, can anybody explain a strange behavior in car movement. I have a sprite named "Mycar", it has "car behavior" movement, no any coding. The result - the car can move back repeatedly even after one press-and-release of a key, assigned to a back movement. Compare with moving forward: press key - moving, release key - lowering speed and finally stop. Repeat again - no any additional coding was done by me! It's abnormal!!! :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 pm

[quote="Yaraslau":b7dzr0hi][quote="blankedt":b7dzr0hi][quote="Yaraslau":b7dzr0hi]blankedt, would you mind writing the tutorial? I have the same problem with car behavior, but still have lack in knowledge. So...any tutorial would be great and helpful (even in the form of simple text).[/quote:b7dzr0hi]
Do you want a tutorial on how to get the car to stop when it hits something?
[/quote:b7dzr0hi]

Better two things: how to stop while hitting something and how to lower bouncing.

By the way, can anybody explain a strange behavior in car movement. I have a sprite named "Mycar", it has "car behavior" movement, no any coding. The result - the car can move back repeatedly even after one press-and-release of a key, assigned to a back movement. Compare with moving forward: press key - moving, release key - lowering speed and finally stop. Repeat again - no any additional coding was done by me! It's abnormal!!! :shock:[/quote:b7dzr0hi]

Well, stop when hitting something is simply like this (in the construct event sheet):

On car bounce (this is found in the car tab when you right-click and add a event)
-Stop car (found on car event as well as a sub-event)

With the default car movement, I don't think you can change it since it depends on the speed in which it hits.
B
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:45 pm

blankedt, well...it works. :D Thank you! But my car still has undocumented feature (maybe? :oops: ) - it can move back after one key pressing - with the same speed. I supposed, that built-in behaviors of moving back and moving forward should be similar or the same. In Construct - no. Why??? Is this bug?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:29 pm

[quote="Yaraslau":200t3z0i]blankedt, well...it works. :D Thank you! But my car still has undocumented feature (maybe? :oops: ) - it can move back after one key pressing - with the same speed. I supposed, that built-in behaviors of moving back and moving forward should be similar or the same. In Construct - no. Why??? Is this bug?[/quote:200t3z0i]
Just try deleting the car movement (remove the behavior) and try again. That or you might have a bug (you are using the latest version, right?)
B
G

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 am

blankedt, I use ver. 0.99.42. The problem still remains. Maybe the source of problem is my hacky DirectX? I used two .dlls, needed by Construct - xapofx1_1.dll, d3dx9_39.dll and full DirectX Redistributable from March 2008.

Must check everything twice before posting a .cap or a video file.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 am

Direct-X DLL's couldn't cause it, better to post a .cap of the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:50 pm

[quote="Rich":umah73pt]Direct-X DLL's couldn't cause it, better to post a .cap of the problem.[/quote:umah73pt]

A .cap file and a video example - [url:umah73pt]http://rapidshare.com/files/271402184/Mad_car_behavior.7z[/url:umah73pt]. They were written from scratch, so - simple sprites (just to show behavior).

Can anybody report the behavior of this .cap file (without changing something)?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 pm

[quote="Yaraslau":1u55wbx3][quote="Rich":1u55wbx3]Direct-X DLL's couldn't cause it, better to post a .cap of the problem.[/quote:1u55wbx3]

A .cap file and a video example - [url:1u55wbx3]http://rapidshare.com/files/271402184/Mad_car_behavior.7z[/url:1u55wbx3]. They were written from scratch, so - simple sprites (just to show behavior).

Can anybody report the behavior of this .cap file (without changing something)?[/quote:1u55wbx3]

I'll take a look at it right now (will edit post).

EDIT: Weird.... I think you have actually found a bug. Basically, if you create a car object, then press the down key, the car will keep moving backwards even after your finger is off. Haven't noticed this...
B
G

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:49 am

blankedt, can you reproduce this bug in your system (I mean from scratch, with your own .cap)?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic