About WebGL effects

Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 am

I am also astounded by the explanation given by @QuaziGNRLnose - many thanks indeed!

If such an explanation had been in the SDK from the start, then many more shaders would probably have been available by now.

@eli0s
Excellent work.
Now you are an expert, I hope to see hundreds more shaders from you :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm

@zenox98 , hehe, thanks! I don't know about hundreds, but I will try to dig a bit deeper into existing shaders :) In reality the only thing I did is to follow QuaziGNRLnose's step by step instructions, I'm not that confident that I'll do any good by my own :b
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:07 pm

how do you made the lens effect? can this effect be used with the 3d plugin Q3dMaster?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:27 am

@imothep85 ,

The lens flare is on an other topic, I have the capx attached on that topic so you can see how it was made.

While I've bought the Q3D plugin, I haven't had the chance to use it yet, I find it to be too complicated for my comprehension and I am waiting stoically for some kind of video or written tutorial - manual - practical examples. So, I can't give an intelligent answer about it. Having said that, my guess is that you can overlay-underlay the effect on different layers, since there seems to be a mode in Q3D that takes into account the layer order and respects their rendering order from top to bottom.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:51 am

:D well the Q3DMaster looks complex, but its not, you just need to add an 3d object in the "obj" format, inside the capx, after in q3dmaster you tell to automaticly show that model, and its done :D
after you can play with textures, lights rotations etc
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 pm

@imothep85 , hehe, obviously you feel more comfortable than me around this kind of processes. I've seen some of the example .capxs and they are too occluded for doing even the most basic stuff. I understand that loading a model is simple enough, but this doesn't get me anywhere by it self. On the other hand, controlling the camera in a useful and dynamic way does complicate things a lot! Especially with rotations, since in 2d we only need to care about 1 axis and in 3d there are 3 axes, with gimbal locks and what have you...

Anyway, I nagged enough already, good luck with your flares! :)
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

this is what im working on now, im trying to do a realistic diamond effect http://mattepainting.be/test/index.html but some effects, are hard to put in place :s
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:14 pm

@imothep85 , the model looks very nice and shiny! Please note that it takes some time for the geometry to load, at first the only thing I was seeing were the colored squares on the right. In fact, I was in the middle or typing this response saying that I can't see anything, when the model appeared! :b

As a sidenote, the diamonds move like they have the Y axis inverted and, on my system, Firefox delivers terrible performance. Chrome and IE 11 however are smooth as butter!
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:36 pm

yeep the problem is, the 3d ùmodel is too high in polys, so i have to reduce that more, but im really not happy with the diamonds, im trying to show " 2 sided" in the object transparency.
normally the diamonds move in the same way as the ring in the middle, thanks for the tests :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:19 pm

@imothep85 , sorry, I wasn't clear, the diamonds rotate the same as the ring, the inverted Y axis that I am talking about is regarding how they move around the canvas when the mouse is moving.

Moving the mouse right/left make the diamonds move right/left. However, moving the mouse up/down makes the diamonds move down/up, the movement is inverted.

And if you move the mouse on the center of the ring the diamonds stay in position (which I am sure you already know about) :)
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Effects