Accelerometer bug on HTC Desire SV

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

Hello, I made a simple accelerometer test for my Android device(HTC Desire SV). There was a text object which was showing Alpha, Beta and Gamma(Touch.Alpha &" ; "& Touch.Beta &" ; "& Touch.Gamma). I was shaking my phone as I could but the text always was "0;0;0". And I know that accelerometer works perfectly on my device. For exaple, Doodle Jump is reacting.

Attach a Capx

.capx

Description of Capx

A text object showing every tick Alpha, Beta and Gamma orientations.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1. I created a new project.
    • Step 2. I tested this project on my phone via local WiFi.

Observed Result

The text always was "0;0;0"(Alpha = 0; Beta = 0; Gamma = 0)

Expected Result

The text is changing as I am rotating device and changing alpha, beta and gamma orientations.

Affected Browsers

• HTC Browes: (YES)
    • CocoonJS's .apk: (YES)
    • Closswalk's .apk: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64 bit

Tested on

Device: HTC Desire SV

Android version: 4.0.4

Construct 2 Version ID

r166

• Have you tried to see if also AccelertionWithGravity return no values?

I'm saying this because I faced a similar problem on a totally different device (Windows Phone) where Alpha, Beta and Gamma values returned 0 due to the lack of inclinometer (or gyroscope, don't remember) on lower spec devices like lumia 520.

• Have you tried Chrome for Android and Firefox for Android? If none of them can get it, are you sure the device really has an inclinometer? (Alpha, beta and gamma do not come from the accelerometer, a separate piece of hardware is necessary to determine the device orientation)

• Knifegrinder I also tried AccelertionWithGravity and it gave me 0 ; 0 ; 0

Ashley I have tried Chrome for Android. Actually, Doodle Jump is working perfectly on this device, so maybe there are some other ways to get device's orientation?

• Ashley I tested on another HTC Desire SV and it also gives (0 ; 0 ; 0)

So, the question is: how many android devices doesn't support this feature?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing this bug as won't fix: we listen for the standards-compliant devicemotion and deviceorientation events. If the device does not pass these events to the browser there is nothing we can do, it is a problem with either the device, or the browser.

• Ashley Okey! But can you say what other devices on Android won't support this feature? That't because I am making game for a publisher and a lot of people with Andoird devices will download it.

• sergyperov - I can't comment. I thought the majority of Android devices would support this.

• Ashley Okey thank you!

• sergyperov

I can assure you that the majority of the android devices out there support this.

I'm also testing a lot my game before the release on every phone and tablet I can get my hands on and had similar issues only with low-end cheap chinese tablet. Tested also on HTC newest devices (One and One mini) with no problems at all.

• Looks like a chrome bug.

I'm on Chrome 34 & Moto G, and orientation no longer works

More here

• sergyperov

I tried this is Firefox for mobile and it works there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)