Accelerometer not working correctly

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:15 pm

My game Star Pod is on Google Play, the game consists of controlling a ship using the phones accelerometer feature. Tilting the phone maneuvers the ship around the screen. It's been on Google Play store for about a year now and recently I wanted to update it. I exported it using Android Crosswalk and Intel XDK. I updated both C2 to the latest stable build and also updated XDK.

The problem is, when I build the game, the accelerometer works in reverse. Tilting left moves the ship right and vice versa. Also the ship is more erratic. My phone is Motorola Moto G. I had a few others test it, for some it works correctly, for some it doesn't. Nexus 5 and HTC One were used as test (I think).

I've tried both stable and beta builds in XDK, but no luck. I've attached a screenshot of the control event you can download the APK here:
https://am-xdk2.s3.amazonaws.com/cust.a ... 164635.apk

I'd appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm still stuck on this. Can't figure out how to fix this issue.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:55 pm

I've made a simple capx to show the two events I use. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:01 pm

If such a simple .capx works differently in some cases it would suggest it's a bug to me - can you file a bug report with that .capx following all the guidelines, in particular the devices you've tested and which are reversed?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Ashley wrote:If such a simple .capx works differently in some cases it would suggest it's a bug to me - can you file a bug report with that .capx following all the guidelines, in particular the devices you've tested and which are reversed?

Thanks Ashley, I've submitted the bug report.

Thanks,
Dan
B
S

Return to How do I....?