Accelerometer not working correctly

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • My game Star Pod is on Google Play, the game consists of controlling a ship using the phones accelerometer feature. Tilting the phone maneuvers the ship around the screen. It's been on Google Play store for about a year now and recently I wanted to update it. I exported it using Android Crosswalk and Intel XDK. I updated both C2 to the latest stable build and also updated XDK.

The problem is, when I build the game, the accelerometer works in reverse. Tilting left moves the ship right and vice versa. Also the ship is more erratic. My phone is Motorola Moto G. I had a few others test it, for some it works correctly, for some it doesn't. Nexus 5 and HTC One were used as test (I think).

I've tried both stable and beta builds in XDK, but no luck. I've attached a screenshot of the control event you can download the APK here:

https://am-xdk2.s3.amazonaws.com/cust.a ... 164635.apk

I'd appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dan

• I'm still stuck on this. Can't figure out how to fix this issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've made a simple capx to show the two events I use. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Dan

• If such a simple .capx works differently in some cases it would suggest it's a bug to me - can you file a bug report with that .capx following all the guidelines, in particular the devices you've tested and which are reversed?

• If such a simple .capx works differently in some cases it would suggest it's a bug to me - can you file a bug report with that .capx following all the guidelines, in particular the devices you've tested and which are reversed?

Thanks Ashley, I've submitted the bug report.

Thanks,

Dan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)