Accessing project files on runtime in preview mode

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • In Construct 2 I could add myscript.js into project files and include it into a project on runtime (with a plugin for example) by doing this:

var myScriptTag=document.createElement('script');
    myScriptTag.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");
    myScriptTag.setAttribute("src", "myscript.js");
    document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(myScriptTag);[/code:21b9xvid]
    and it worked both in preview mode and on export. But when I add [b]myscript.js[/b] into project files in Construct 3, it's no longer accessible in a preview mode and gives 404. But it works fine on export.

What should I do to access a project file on runtime in a preview mode?
  • Due to the way preview mode works in C3 loading local files has to be done slightly differently. This is one of the few differences in the runtime in C3. Instead of using "myscript.js" directly, call:

var realUrl = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl("myscript.js");[/code:26wp3i4q]

That gives you the real URL to request that will work in both preview and export.
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Due to the way preview mode works in C3 loading local files has to be done slightly differently. This is one of the few differences in the runtime in C3. Instead of using "myscript.js" directly, call:

var realUrl = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl("myscript.js");[/code:hpel1tob]

That gives you the real URL to request that will work in both preview and export.

Cool, thanks, that worked!

• Ashley

Please add this information into SDK.

• Ashley With C3 Runtime I have this error:

Error executing JavaScript: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getProjectFileUrl' of undefined

This is my code:

var nameScript= 'mathjs.js';
    var realUrl = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl(nameScript);
    var jsFile = document.createElement('script');
    jsFile.src = realUrl;
    document.head.appendChild(jsFile);

• This is because you do this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl(nameScript) in the global scope. This is supposed to be executed from inside of the plugin/behavior instance. When you do this in the global scope, your "this" is a window object that has no "runtime" property.

From the global scope try c3runtime.getProjectFileUrl

Ashley With C3 Runtime I have this error:

Error executing JavaScript: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getProjectFileUrl' of undefined

This is my code:

> var nameScript= 'mathjs.js';
    var realUrl = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl(nameScript);
    jsFile.src = realUrl;

• valerypopoff Ashley

I think there is no getProjectFileUrl() function in the new runtimes :(

I solved with window.cr_previewProjectFiles[nameScript].

This is my code:

var nameScript= 'mathjs.js';
    var realUrl = window.cr_previewProjectFiles[nameScript];
    jsFile.setAttribute('type', 'text/javascript');
    jsFile.src = realUrl;

• What's the situation with this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl in the new C3 runtime? How do I get file urls?

Ashley

Due to the way preview mode works in C3 loading local files has to be done slightly differently. This is one of the few differences in the runtime in C3. Instead of using "myscript.js" directly, call:

var realUrl = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl("myscript.js");[/code:26wp3i4q]

• valerypopoff - in the C3 runtime use this._runtime.GetAssetManager().GetProjectFileUrl().

• If your are looking for a C2 & C3 runtime compatibility:

"var nameScript = 'external.js';
    //C2 Runtime
    if (typeof this.runtime !== 'undefined'){
    	nameScript = this.runtime.getProjectFileUrl(nameScript);
    }
    //C3 Runtime
    if (typeof this._runtime !== 'undefined'){
    	nameScript = this._runtime.GetAssetManager().GetProjectFileUrl(nameScript);
    }
    var jsFile= document.createElement('script');
    jsFile.src = nameScript;
    document.head.appendChild(jsFile);"
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)