Achieve this specific movement?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Ah, sorry. I'm using the latest beta version.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Yes, that's exactly it! Thank you so much Nimtrix. I don't think Lerp is something I would have likely figured out on my own so I really appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch for the help all, that's exactly what I was after.
B

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

No problem, and to answer your other questions:

[QUOTE=Kyre]Is pin a possibility in terms of attaching items a player picks to indicate equipping the item?[/QUOTE]

You could try adding another image point to your character, and position the weapon sprite at the image point.

[QUOTE=Kyre]Also, my main character is set for grid movement, however, when he reaches the top of the grid he's laid out to, and I press up, it senses he can't move up and instead always moves him forward.[/QUOTE]

You can stop the "move up" event by adding another condition that checks the Y position of the player, like this:

Updated Example: EnemySlimeLerp.capx
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Again, thanks so much. I've learned so much from all of this and that is hugely satisfying. I really appreciate the help, I was hitting dead ends on my own.

Edit: The Y solution there is much more elegant than my latest attempts. Taking parts of tutorials apart is a great way to learn, but seeing things applied to specifically what I was working on really helped the ideas behind these solutions to click. Although now I have to go investigate lerp and delta time a bit more in depth, but it's good to have a direction.Kyre2012-04-16 16:44:55
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?