Action Adventure Game

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:36 am

Pretty nice work so far! This is coming along well.

Just a couple of crits, and I hope you don't mind. Far be it from me to criticize your art, bit the wall slide looks a little odd with his hand and leg sticking through the wall. maybe you could tweak the sprite so that his knee, shin, and hand are scraping along the outside of the wall, rather than passing through it? Just a suggestion.

Also, the giant sword sprite always being visible looks a little strange, like it's just tacked on (which, I'm assuming it is :P). Especially since it's always on the far side no matter which way you're facing. It's like it just sort of floats along next to him and doesn't really look like a part of the character. Maybe you could make a more subtle scabbard that straps to his back, that way it won't stick out as much (uh... literally I guess).

Maybe I'm just being nit picky, but the game looks good enough that nit picking is all I have to offer :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:15 am

Looking good mate! I have to agree with deadeye on the sword and the wall slide... but it's one of those things I'm sure, it's probably half finished like a lot of my stuff when I release it for test.

Keep it up man!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks guys, definitely appreciate the crits. Yeah some of the stuff is temp. The sword on the back is kind of experimental. I want to have swappable weapons so they have to be rendered seperately and attached onto the back. I also don't want to render a ton of animations for them so I can save some memory. I'll get that looking better though. I also seem to be having an image point problem in the idle, it doesn't seem to be matching up with the sword. Not sure what that is. I see what you guys mean about the wallslide, I'll fix that up too.

dfyb: I use 3D Studio Max to render out the sprites. I also use photoshop to clean them up.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 am

I've finally gotten around to updating my game. Still lots to do of course, but I've finally settled on an art style and player character that I like. The fighting engine is getting there, as well as the chat system. Still playing with the camera, not sure if I'll scrap the zooming or keep working on it. Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you think.

Download:
[url:10h0loqn]http://louisferina.com/games/AAG_test04.zip[/url:10h0loqn]
Extract both files into the same directory.

Controls:
A - Left
S- Duck
D - Right

J - Attack
K - Ranged Weapon
L - Jump

Enter - Interact and Forward Chat
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:08 am

I would love to see this update, but for some reason the link is giving me a 404 error. can you fix it?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:46 am

same here 404
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 am

B
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 am

Wow, very slick looking :D

The fighting controls are very responsive too. The only thing I can see wrong with it is if you're jumping past the zoom-in boundary for the enemy then the screen sort of "jumps" a little. But that's a minor nitpick, overall this looks really promising.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Sorry, not sure why the link won't work...it seems to be good for me.

Deadeye: Thanks! Yeah I'm still trying to get that camera smoother. When I first did the camera zoom and you jumped, the enemy went out of view. So now I'm trying to keep the camera in between both characters on the Y axis. I just have to get the right numbers so the camera doesn't jump when you get far enough away. My math is garbage :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:14 pm

LOVE the dialog. I hope the final game dialog is this funny. And I like how you have to throw the boomerang just right for it to hit the enemy both coming and going.

A few things:

I get the 1st enemy dialog twice. But there's no enemy the second time.

A couple times the game would just crash. It seemed to be more likely to happen if I just ran through the level as quickly as possible. It always happened in a different place, but it was always at a spot where the layout was about to jump from one to another.

I think the controls are fine except I would want spacebar for jump.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations