Ad options for crosswalk

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat May 10, 2014 10:57 am

MozacoGames wrote:The tutorial posted on here using Pode's iframe plugin has a live game example on Google Play, yes it serves ads within the frame, but if you tap/click on the ad itself a new window does not appear with the advertisement.

Don't know, but for me the ad opens within that iframe (depending on the ad I guess). While that is no true "ad experience" (if there even is such a thing ;) ), the click gets registered. So unless the ad network shuns that practise, all is well, for my taste.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 am

Eisenhans wrote:
MozacoGames wrote:The tutorial posted on here using Pode's iframe plugin has a live game example on Google Play, yes it serves ads within the frame, but if you tap/click on the ad itself a new window does not appear with the advertisement.

Don't know, but for me the ad opens within that iframe (depending on the ad I guess). While that is no true "ad experience" (if there even is such a thing ;) ), the click gets registered. So unless the ad network shuns that practise, all is well, for my taste.

So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then? I agree, monetizing my game with ads would be one of the most crucial pieces prior to releasing it.
B
S

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 3:50 am

I'm keep sticking with cocoonjs because of their ads support, but i hate the flashing logo of them, and the memory management.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 am

@bscarl88
So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then?

It is a way. The better way right now is still cocoonjs with their official ad support. But I guess there will be an "official" way to implement ads with crosswalk soon.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 am

Eisenhans wrote:@bscarl88
So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then?

It is a way. The better way right now is still cocoonjs with their official ad support. But I guess there will be an "official" way to implement ads with crosswalk soon.

W00t! I'll wait for that, I get better more steady performance from Crosswalk. I'm just very anxious to release seeing as that we keep putting off sending our file to bulky pix because we don't want to make a paid only version.
B
S

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Eisenhans wrote:It is a way. The better way right now is still cocoonjs with their official ad support. But I guess there will be an "official" way to implement ads with crosswalk soon.

@Eisenhans Did you saw that info on any official source, about the ads on crosswalk ?

Cheers
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General