ADD DIRECTX IN CONSTRUC2 ! DOING REAL GAMES !

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:10 pm

@ all > yes opengl sorry sorry sorry my mistake it was late.

@ Silverforce > To complex to make 2d games but yes powerfull.

@ blurymind > thanks for the news (your last links)

@ TGeorgeMihai > open gl .my mistake.
205 Layers yes and it is a minimum for a complex game with high quality graphics with multiscolling
free version can't reveal the real potential of the software

@ Ashley > Can i send you a file ? and you execute it, you see we have skipped frames and because of that it is not 100% fluid.
B

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 pm

If you are using 205 layers, you are doing something wrong, and a more efficient renderer is the least of your problems.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:34 pm

If it's true, I feel really sad for your last 20 years. You're even wrong with the definition of the real game. The real game makes people impressed, touched, and hooked. What you're saying is like "Only the blockbuster action movie rules. All the others are crap.", which is absolutely wrong. People also love them, and you can't say they are just toy.
If you want to make the big-scale game with eye-popping effects, you can use other tools. C2 is already great by itself for the real games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 pm

205 layers shouldn't make a big difference. Filling all those layers up to the hilt with graphics will.

I will agree that the layers dialog could use some upgrades however.

Btw DX12 should be out soon.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 pm

If you've been making videogames for 20 years I definitely don't think you'd be using Construct 2, but rather using one of the many other AAA game IDEs that are out there, so I'm definitely calling shenanigans on that claim.

Secondly, coming in shouting and roaring about Scirra being stupid and making a weak game engine is going to get you the sum total of zero help or acknowledgement.

Unreal Engine 4
Unity
Game Maker Studio
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:00 pm

@sqiddster > STOP THAT !
if i want do 1000 layers with multiscolling it is a choice go to see Soldner X or Sturmwind or Shadow complex
and perhaps you see what i mean.

A multiscrolling game have at minimum 2 layers in Z mario have 2 for exemple when you want quality the minimum is 12 to 18. Multiply 18 x 5 elements per layers to obtain high animations you obtain 90 and it is only the backdrop. After you need elements and interaction and more and more and more so if you want to do a low graphic game it is your choice not ours.

@ shaircast > high quality graphic do not mean blockbuster. i never say that i don't think that. please don't talk for me. BUT you are absolutly right
real game makes people impressed, touched, and hooked. do a large amount of graphic in a game ... i d know what is bad on this.

i repeat my answer : direct X and Open GL (this time i dont forget ;) on C2 a day Or Never ??
Last edited by pennaneac on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:10 pm

@Wrangler so sorry about that, perhaps i don't have the good words, you are right ! apologize !
19 hours for nothing, it is a long waste of time, i was tired. Sorry again.

IT IS A GOOD EDITOR so why when i test on Construct classic IT IS PERFECT and on C2 it is not working corectly ?
this is the same code the same graphics the same evrything.
B

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Half the games you mentioned are 3D - the one which isn't uses maybe 3-4 parallax layers at most. I think perhaps you're missing something
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:41 pm

@sqiddster
Just a hunch, but he might be using layers as a z-order rather than using z-order. Let's just be patient. pennaneac claimed he only used the software for 10 minutes before making sweeping suck statements. Let's give him some time to learn intricacies of the software(as ALL software has and professionals take time to learn). And not worry about doing it wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:16 pm

There's numerous reasons you might be getting bad performance, if you post a capx and your system specs, we could help you better.

If, from the games you mentioned, you're trying to make a side scrolling shooter, you could be running too many collision checks, you might be able to improve things by putting each laser type on its own layer so the graphics card doesn't have to switch textures as often, you might be getting tons of overdraw and hitting the fill rate limits of your graphics card, you might be getting software rendering (you can try updating your graphics card drivers and running the direct x updater. If you're on XP or vista you're getting software rendering in chrome and node webkit regardless, Ashley's looking into ways to fix that)...

You could also put parallax items on the same layer and use the bullet behavior to make them move at different speeds to emulate having tons of layers with parallax instead.

You should probably ask for help and post a .capx before you get so upset! Maybe we can help!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General