Add Height/Width?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:09 am

I've scoured the forums and wiki, and I can't find anything that specifically states how to tell the Event Sheet Editor to add x pixels to the height or width of an object when an event occurs. As far as I can tell, there's no option to specifically do so. I'm looking for a way to add or subtract, rather than set, a value the way I can with private variables. I assumed the command was Add(x) or +x or something, but neither of those work.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am

It's true, there isn't a specific Add Height/Width action. Just use Set Width/Height and write something like

Object.Width + 40

to add to the exisiting width.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am

[quote="PixelRebirth":3br6v3i0]It's true, there isn't a specific Add Height/Width action. Just use Set Width/Height and write something like

Object.Width + 40

to add to the exisiting width.[/quote:3br6v3i0]

Thanks, that was the command I was looking for, just couldn't find it. Is there somewhere I can look up a list of commands such as this? I'm sure I'll need to reference something similar.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:59 am

[quote="SAAj":44kfuzdf]Thanks, that was the command I was looking for, just couldn't find it. Is there somewhere I can look up a list of commands such as this? I'm sure I'll need to reference something similar.[/quote:44kfuzdf]

Well, the most important thing to know when using Construct is this imo:

[size=150:44kfuzdf]SYSTEM EXPRESSIONS[/size:44kfuzdf]

and this too: [url:44kfuzdf]http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/construct/index.php?title=Expressions[/url:44kfuzdf]

To cite from the 2nd link:

[quote:44kfuzdf]Most plugins have expressions of their own, which you can use to get information about that object. You can double click an object in the object panel to see a list of all of them. A simple example is Sprite.X, which retrieves the Sprite object's X co-ordinate.

Object expressions have an object name and the expression name separated by a dot, as in Sprite.X.[/quote:44kfuzdf]
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic