Adding a new function suddenly stopped working

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi all - this is my first post here, as I recently started checking out Construct 2. It takes some getting used to, as everything new, and for some platforms HTML 5 support is not mature yet, but overall it's a very pleasant experience.

In the first game I'm trying to make, I have added a function to control the spawning of new enemies and it worked as intended. Later on, I tried to add another function to handle pausing... but I cannot find the function object in the "Insert new object" dialog any more. It's very strange.

Initially, I thought that it happened because had somehow messed up my installation, but if I create a new project from scratch, I can add a new function just fine.

I also thought that it may be a limit to the Free edition, but I didn't find any such mention in the C2 versions comparison table.

I didn't find any mention of such a problem in the forum, so, here I am, posting my first question.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Regards,
Spyros
B

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:28 pm

You only add the Function object once. Just add an event, then look for Funtion in the list.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Thanks - you are absolutely right. I thought that the function object referred to each individual function, but it's on a different level of abstraction.

This also applies to all layouts - you add one function object and then use it to call functions from all event sheets.

Thanks again.
B

Post » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:51 pm

No problem. I asked the same question once :D Some objects are automatically 'global', like Function.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?