Adding a new function suddenly stopped working

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi all - this is my first post here, as I recently started checking out Construct 2. It takes some getting used to, as everything new, and for some platforms HTML 5 support is not mature yet, but overall it's a very pleasant experience.

In the first game I'm trying to make, I have added a function to control the spawning of new enemies and it worked as intended. Later on, I tried to add another function to handle pausing... but I cannot find the function object in the "Insert new object" dialog any more. It's very strange.

Initially, I thought that it happened because had somehow messed up my installation, but if I create a new project from scratch, I can add a new function just fine.

I also thought that it may be a limit to the Free edition, but I didn't find any such mention in the C2 versions comparison table.

I didn't find any mention of such a problem in the forum, so, here I am, posting my first question.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Regards,

Spyros

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You only add the Function object once. Just add an event, then look for Funtion in the list.

• Thanks - you are absolutely right. I thought that the function object referred to each individual function, but it's on a different level of abstraction.

This also applies to all layouts - you add one function object and then use it to call functions from all event sheets.

Thanks again.

• No problem. I asked the same question once Some objects are automatically 'global', like Function.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)