Adding Features to my Game Build

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:35 pm

OK, I have finally created something that I can say is "working." This is mostly to test some of the functions I've learned from watching so many tutorials.Basically you reveal a picture underneath another picture by zapping diamonds and increasing your score. ASD keys stop the Zappers in place and shoot a line to zap the diamonds.

I have provided a link to the .capx file in my profile and hopefully this new link posting works: www(dot)dropbox.com/s/8pb2gkieqyj0bti/ChanceGame%20Test.capx?dl=0. Any feedback is appreciated. However, I'm really looking to fix a couple of things that I already planned but couldn't get working. Here's the list:

- Keeping the diamonds from going out of the blue boundary (bouncing back if they hit an invisible boundary object while still dropping)
- Adding an object that when zapped: adds +3 seconds to timer OR slows down all diamonds (optional stuff to enhance the gameplay)
- Showing the other picture when selecting it from the menu (I couldn't not get this to work at all after multiple attempts; not sure why)
- Ability to view the unlocked pictures in the title menu (need some ideas to get this working)
- Add to the score [increments of 10, 20, etc.] the diamond gives when zapped in a certain area (this explains the lines in the play area; need some ideas to get this working)

Thanks for any help/ideas in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm

YoHoho wrote:- Keeping the diamonds from going out of the blue boundary (bouncing back if they hit an invisible boundary object while still dropping)

Try using solid/platform (diamonds solid, blue wall platform). And make sure you activate the physics and 8-dir.

YoHoho wrote:- Adding an object that when zapped: adds +3 seconds to timer OR slows down all diamonds (optional stuff to enhance the gameplay)

You can use the "timescale" system property to slow time down.

YoHoho wrote:- Showing the other picture when selecting it from the menu (I couldn't not get this to work at all after multiple attempts; not sure why)

Maybe store the "other picture" in another frame and flip to that frame? This feature issue is vague.

YoHoho wrote:- Ability to view the unlocked pictures in the title menu (need some ideas to get this working)

You will want to use an array and either local storage or a server-side solution to store the game state.

YoHoho wrote:- Add to the score [increments of 10, 20, etc.] the diamond gives when zapped in a certain area (this explains the lines in the play area; need some ideas to get this working)

Make a function that adds score with an input of 1,2,3... etc. then just multiply by 10 in the function and add it to a global variable score.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Adding a "platform" behavior to the wall object is something I hadn't considered. It makes sense. I'll try everything else as well. I still couldn't understand why my other picture wouldn't show up when I selected it from the title screen. I had images set to invisible with the game state making certain ones visible but it wasn't working.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?