Adding only 3 layers reducing performance

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:49 am

Hello,
Im building a game where I need at least 3 layers for paralax effect: BG, player and Score layer

but, it significantly reduced the framerate when I debug the game, its using around 40% CPU with around 45FPS ,
I even deleted the images and kept the empty layer, still its getting really heavy on CPU ?
I'm Using 237 build...

plz help.
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 am

@signupdemo - What's the performance on preview? Debugging reduces the performance since it calculates each instance of object in your game.

Note : Debugging and Preview are different.
Last edited by chadorireborn on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:56 am

normal preview is fine.... I exported to cordova and compiled via XDK, the test game also hangs with jittering moves
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 am

If preview is fine then there is no problem. That's the real base of performance.
Hangs & Jittering Moves, I think that is only caused by game design.

And I can't help you without detailed information. Including Phone specs.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?