Admins please read (forum suggestion)

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Hello admins mods and users.

so many forums got a section for users to post their games source codes or projects for beginners or advanced people to educate.

I would like to share my projects capx file as soon as its stable enough.
i was missing such this section at my first contact with c2.

If you admin could start a category in the forum where users can post their projects with some screenshots etc.

I know theres a section at scirra arcade where you can share example games but .. to say it , this sucks . I really recommend you to use the forum for this , as its hard to find what you are searching for at this system there. you cant sort the results etc. we still can upload a DEMO of our src codes there but making a thread would be much better.

I hope some users can support my point :)

gratz
mike
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:32 pm

B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

[QUOTE=plinkie] You mean this?[/QUOTE]

to be a bit more direct :
i mean a section that is ONLY for posting source codes not for promoting YOUR GAMES.

I mean yeah this is almost what i mean but only 20 % or less of the topics there are to share a games code and 80% for promoting games
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

plinkie beat me to it :)

As plinkie has pointed out, there is already a section called 'Your Creations ', and the mods already have more than enough to do without having to moderate even more forum sections.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:58 pm

+1

The tutorials are great for general usage and stuff like how to use SVN, but are actually quite a deterrent since they require paragraph upon paragraph and dozens of screenshots and the like. The majority of them are just ridiculous - There's a 6-page tutorial on how to do a double jump...

Here you go:

+Player is Falling
+User presses key
-Simulate Jump

How about a triple jump? Add a variable. Use your brain.

It'd be far quicker and easier to just post a well-commented .capx that a user can experiment with or add to their own project off the bat. No filler.

That aside, yes, we really need more sub-forums. This is one of the smallest forums I've ever been to and there are all kinds of topics in the "wrong" place because there isn't a more suitable one.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 pm

[QUOTE=MadFactory] +1

The tutorials are great for general usage and stuff like how to use SVN, but are actually quite a deterrent since they require paragraph upon paragraph and dozens of screenshots and the like. The majority of them are just ridiculous - There's a 6-page tutorial on how to do a double jump...

Here you go:

+Player is Falling
+User presses key
-Simulate Jump

How about a triple jump? Add a variable. Use your brain.

It'd be far quicker and easier to just post a well-commented .capx that a user can experiment with or add to their own project off the bat. No filler.

That aside, yes, we really need more sub-forums. This is one of the smallest forums I've ever been to and there are all kinds of topics in the "wrong" place because there isn't a more suitable one.

[/QUOTE]
thats what i mean thank you
B
S
G

Return to Website Issues and Feedback