AdMob - Ad Mediation, how can this be done in Intel XDK?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:38 pm

How do I add a Ad netowork's mediator SDK in Intel XDK?

Hi,

I am going through various Ad Networks (AdColony, AdFalcon, inMobi etc), and everyone only talks about adding their SDKs(usually a .jar file) into a Android Project (written in Java)

There is not way I can add this into a HTML/JS project as used by Intel XDK or rather Construct 2.

This here a way I can use Intel XDK to integrate various Ad networks for Mediation purpose? Even with 2000+ impressions per day, I am earning pie nuts n Admob :(
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:35 am

SamRock,
maybe you can try to check Cranberry's Cordova plugins that compatible with Intel XDK and they have many Ads plugins, if don't exist maybe you can ask them.
plugins-cordova-related-c2-plugins-crosswalk-list_t109586

but i have questions, is that earning from Admob is smaller than earning from Ad network mediator? because many is prefer to use Intel XDK because we can use Admob rather than CocoonJS where we only can use Mopub that less than Admob... and if we use Ad network mediator is that they cut our earning?
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:46 am

@SamRock

did you try AdMob interstitials? my friend doing native Java apps is getting 3$ eCPM, so you should earn 6$ / daily with your impressions

did you try ad mediation in AdMob?

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/3063564?hl=en

@gamesura

MoPub is worse than native AdMob ads because there is no bacfill from Google AdSense (= you have little fillrate = less ads). However native AdMob ads + AdMob mediation should works much faster / better.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 pm

@gamesura Ad Mediation helps when a Admob can not provide Ads in particular region.. for example, majority of my users(almast 90%) are from Asian countries and inspite of 3000+ impression, the revenue for ll the is very low. I assume the Ad quality for those regions are utterly low.

So I wanted to add mediation where I can combine multiple Ad networks in AdMob, AdMob will return automatically decide higher valued Ad and show it to the user.

@szymek yes I am using Interstitial Ads, and inspite of that the revenue is low :D
How often does your friend show the Ads? I only show teh Interstitial Ads if the player dies or wants to go to Main menu (every 60 secs). I dont show Ads while the game is going on.

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:02 pm

@SamRock

You are right that ads in Asia are quite low: speed up your android / "check out why she is cute" and so on. Anyway: What is your fillrate for interstitials?

My friend has interstitials just on menu screen and between each level.

In general I saw that in many mobile games 1st interstitial is visible just after app start.

Anyway you could read AdMob help, because I'm not sure if SDK for each ad company is neccessary for ad mediation.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:08 pm

@szymek
Okay I try introducing one InterAd at start :D

The fill rate is always above 98% :(

As for the SDK, looks like most have this requirement, incase of you aware of any Network that doesnt need SDK integration please do let me know :)

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:23 pm

@SamRock

it seems that you were right about SDKs:

https://developers.google.com/mobile-ad ... n-networks

anyway, at least, you have nice fill rate :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:34 pm

szymek wrote:@SamRock

it seems that you were right about SDKs:

https://developers.google.com/mobile-ad ... n-networks

anyway, at least, you have nice fill rate :)

Thanks .. but whats the point :'(
The income is so bad :'(

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:22 pm

SamRock, szymek
Thanks for detailed answers about Ad network mediator, i also interested with Ad mediator that works for Asian region because i also in that region :)
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 am

@SamRock

did you put interstitials just after game start? if yes - did it change anything?
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General