Admob and Browser object not working in latest XDK update

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • It seems that with latest IntelXDK update, admob ads and browser object stopped working. I updated the project in IntelXDK (was prompted after latest update) and ever since, banners aren't showing and browser object "open url in new window" also stopped working.

I added the phonegap admob plugin, inappbrowser plugin, but with no avail.

Anyone has similar experience? Btw, does browser object "open url in new window" works in "plain" Android export or only in Crosswalk?

• I use Crosswalk. I was asked to upgrade too. But my Ads work fine (both Banner and Full screen) I am currently having problem with Music not getting played in the background.

C2 now uses the latest Cordova Admo plugin. You dont have to add the Phonegap plugin any more.

• It seems that with latest IntelXDK update, admob ads and browser object stopped working. I updated the project in IntelXDK (was prompted after latest update) and ever since, banners aren't showing and browser object "open url in new window" also stopped working.

I added the phonegap admob plugin, inappbrowser plugin, but with no avail.

Anyone has similar experience? Btw, does browser object "open url in new window" works in "plain" Android export or only in Crosswalk?

My banners are showing, but interstitial not.

• I've ask Intel (Paul) about some issues I have and most of them are solved.

SOLUTION = Use CW7~14 and use CLI 4.1.2, music will play and banners/interstitials will show.

But I ran to another problem, the banner/interstitials will only show if I use plug-in "AdMob* Ad Services (old)" (plug-in "AdMob* Ad (Basic) Services" and "com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.admob" don't show anything anymore) and my app now sometimes will freeze at playing interstitials. This is very strange, before I never had that problem. Anyone got the same problem like me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yu Ho Do you have any news regarding your problem?

• *bump* - hoping that Scirra wil update the admob plugin, so that it works with the latest update from Intel XDK.

• Using CW7~14 and use CLI 4.1.2 resolved browser object issue and banner issue...

• Using CW7~14 and use CLI 4.1.2 resolved browser object issue and banner issue...

Thanks for your reply.

However interstitials are still not working in my admob test apk. (the banner is displaying)

Did you try interstitials?

(Less important ) Question 2: why did you type CW7~14? I tried CLI 4.x and CW14 and the banner worked, but when I tried CLI 4.x and CW12, the buttons I placed on the layout were invisible. So perhaps it is best to currently use CW 14?

• Still waiting on BROWSER fix, this sucks!

Any idea on how to make it work?

• Problem over here too. The browser is partially working, alerts and close game for example work fine. But if I try to go to an url, that doesn't work. Having some weird issues with the ads too, the banner doesn't appear until after the first interstitial displays, even though it's supposed to appear way before that. After a interstitial appears, it seems to work fine....

Whatever, too many issues, too many headackes, I give up... I'll just release my game like this and what will be will be....

• administrators, you should provide some answers to the developers. You have to clarify what the best configuration is (CLI version, AdMobAds plugin version, etc). We want to release our games with advertisement and we think that right now it's not possible. Please, publish some solution since otherwise we'll give up soon...

• hi,

same here

admob is working

browser object (open url) is not working when i build the apk

it's work in debug mode but not in the apk

• Matrixreal, interstitials are also working for you and you downgraded CLI?

Just wondering how you managed to get admob fully working.

• I have news regarding this. I have admob (both Banner and Interstitial) and Browser ("open URL") fully working.

Here the setup I use for getting this:

Construct 2 Project exported with Cordova Plattform.

Intel XDK:

Admob Plugin: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

Google Play Services for Android is automatically added as Dependencies

No further plugins needed (no InAppBrowser or others are required)

Cordova CLI 4.1.2 (very important)

Crosswalk Runtime: Embedded 12 (I don't know if this is relevant yet)

Both banner and Intersticial work fine but most of the time, expect long delays before you can see the advertisement shown in the screen.

And alse ensure you are online (Internet access working fine).

hope this helps.

• I have news regarding this. I have admob (both Banner and Interstitial) and Browser ("open URL") fully working.

Here the setup I use for getting this:

Construct 2 Project exported with Cordova Plattform.

Intel XDK:

Admob Plugin: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

Google Play Services for Android is automatically added as Dependencies

No further plugins needed (no InAppBrowser or others are required)

Cordova CLI 4.1.2 (very important)

Crosswalk Runtime: Embedded 12 (I don't know if this is relevant yet)

Both banner and Intersticial work fine but most of the time, expect long delays before you can see the advertisement shown in the screen.

And alse ensure you are online (Internet access working fine).

hope this helps.

it's clear that it work with 4.1.2

we are talking about 5.1.1 since they improve the performance so we want to use it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)