Admob and Browser object not working in latest XDK update

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks for your reply, I will retry to get interstitials working.
B
27
S
6
G
7
Posts: 678
Reputation: 5,651

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:04 am

I saw a Kyatric's "AdMob working on Android-Crosswalk" tutorial. It's really nice and very detailed, but I think all the CLI5.1.1 version is in some point problematic for C2, at least for me. The plugin setting is buggy, if I use default plugin setting, I get the error on Build (uploading project step), but if I remove them and then add them again (or not), the build work correct... And the major problem is the same HTML projects run extremely slow, when they runs smoothly on CLI 4 ///14 :( :( :( :(
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
17
G
3
Posts: 157
Reputation: 5,175

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

[SOLVED] Regarding the BROWSER OBJECT not opening external URLs:

whitelist the URL :) OR use "*" to whitelist all traffic!

Image

I used W3C widget whitelist and I put * in both internal and external Whitelist.
It helped me, now the "Open link in new window" works fine :)
Image
B
7
S
1
Posts: 70
Reputation: 843

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am

Does anyone have a solution about the admob issue in the cli 5.1? I don't want to downgrade it.
B
74
S
13
G
4
Posts: 1,000
Reputation: 8,041

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:23 pm

@saf

Thanks, i was having issues with the Brower object not opening URLs, your solution worked for me :)
Image ImageImage
B
7
S
2
G
1
Posts: 91
Reputation: 1,239

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:59 pm

https://www.scirra.com/forum/i-have-some-problem-about-export-my-game-on-android_t163200 My problem like a this issue.Please help me for these INTEL XDK settings.
My first Game:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bellc2.WOB

WORDPRESS:https://wobgame.wordpress.com/
B
22
S
5
Posts: 20
Reputation: 1,297

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 am

Same problem here.. : -(
B
52
S
32
G
13
Posts: 241
Reputation: 11,831

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:51 pm

VIKINGS wrote:Problem over here too. The browser is partially working, alerts and close game for example work fine. But if I try to go to an url, that doesn't work. Having some weird issues with the ads too, the banner doesn't appear until after the first interstitial displays, even though it's supposed to appear way before that. After a interstitial appears, it seems to work fine....
Whatever, too many issues, too many headackes, I give up... :( I'll just release my game like this and what will be will be....


Have you tried whitelisting the URLs you are trying to reach?
Image
B
7
S
1
Posts: 70
Reputation: 843

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:23 pm

No, I haven't tried that yet @saf . I'll try it when I get closer to releasing my next game. Thanks for the advice.
B
21
S
11
G
6
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,335

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:23 am

saf wrote:[SOLVED] Regarding the BROWSER OBJECT not opening external URLs:

whitelist the URL :) OR use "*" to whitelist all traffic!

Image

I used W3C widget whitelist and I put * in both internal and external Whitelist.
It helped me, now the "Open link in new window" works fine :)



Thank you my friend! Show your solution !
B
10
S
2
Posts: 1
Reputation: 554

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rbailey83 and 23 guests