Any help would be appreciated.
Here are the resources that I have used so far:
- Shatter-Box - http://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/ad ... creen-ads/
AdMob Ads using Intel XDK - https://www.scirra.com/manual/184/admob
Inserting ads - https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1386/u ... alk/page-4
Here are the actions that I completed, high level:
- 1. In C2 add object AdmobAds
- 2. In Admob site, create AdUnits, ie "ca-app-pub-#####/#####", I did notice the "/" in the ID, could that be a problem?
- 3. In C2, configure AdmobAds object with applicable id's and settings Overlap = Yes; Test Mode = True or False
- 4. In C2, Event sheet create the following action - System/On start of layout/AdmobAds/Show banner ad...(auto-size, recommended)
- 5. In C2, click "Run Layout"
- 6. In browser (Chrome or IE), there are no ads, view source and I see reference to "admob_common.js" and "admob_plugin.js", clicking these does bring up the source of the js
- 7. In C2, export Export Project as HTML5 website and upload to server
- 8. In browser, test code on live site and still no ads
- 9. In browser, view source and no reference to .js files or admob references
I also tried using developer mode to simulate iOS and Android with the same result. I also noticed there were no .js files for admob exported.
I am probably missing something basic and it is making me nuts.
The tutorial on Shatter-Box seemed to indicate that this should have worked even before exporting Cordova then importing in the Intel XDK.