AdMob Lag

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:32 am

My app (android game) works fine at ~60fps but adding AdMob makes it lag. Is this just me?
B
7
Posts: 18
Reputation: 307

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:11 pm

as far as I remember some users said that AdMob banners are slowing down Crosswalk apps
B
18
S
7
G
1
Posts: 783
Reputation: 4,237

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm

szymek wrote:as far as I remember some users said that AdMob banners are slowing down Crosswalk apps


Yes, I am using Crosswalk. I'll try building for Cordova Android (using Intel XDK).

EDIT: Made a huge difference. No more lag and the app is smaller too.
B
7
Posts: 18
Reputation: 307

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:10 am

hi,
i've tried the same now - export the game with intel xdk and using the Android option = game much samlaller BUT ~14 FPS. if i'm using Crosswalk without adMob i get 60FPS
any idea? does i need to change something inside the construct 2 project also?

thanks
B
5
Posts: 42
Reputation: 313

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 pm

metameta wrote:hi,
i've tried the same now - export the game with intel xdk and using the Android option = game much samlaller BUT ~14 FPS. if i'm using Crosswalk without adMob i get 60FPS
any idea? does i need to change something inside the construct 2 project also?

thanks


I stopped using AdMob all together, turns out it's not great to use. Right now I'm using Tappx to get downloads: http://www.tappx.com/?h=9b2833a277f7f6c5a0d53480ef2351ae

Install this plugin in intel XDK https://github.com/appfeel/tappx-phonegap and then use Browser > javascript (in construct) to call an ad.
B
7
Posts: 18
Reputation: 307

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm

tharek wrote:
metameta wrote:hi,
i've tried the same now - export the game with intel xdk and using the Android option = game much samlaller BUT ~14 FPS. if i'm using Crosswalk without adMob i get 60FPS
any idea? does i need to change something inside the construct 2 project also?

thanks


I stopped using AdMob all together, turns out it's not great to use. Right now I'm using Tappx to get downloads: http://www.tappx.com/?h=9b2833a277f7f6c5a0d53480ef2351ae

Install this plugin in intel XDK https://github.com/appfeel/tappx-phonegap and then use Browser > javascript (in construct) to call an ad.


how you use javascript in construct to call a ad ?
i need it for chartboost interstitiel
B
45
S
16
G
8
Posts: 792
Reputation: 8,306

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm also using Admob on Android, and it's really laggy especially for the first 10 seconds or so. It seems to stabilise after that initial slowdown period.

I've read on here that disabling text ads is the answer, but I can't say I've noticed any difference.

I'm guessing Admob is doing a lot of stuff in the background on launch, but it's really not a great experience -most people will delete the app in the first few seconds if it is laggy or unresponsive.

@tharek What's the revenue like on Tappx?

Using the XDK 'Android' build option is unusable for games.. far to slow. Hence 'Android Crosswalk' is the best option even with it's many disadvantages. (files size, sound problems, lag etc.)
B
24
S
7
G
1
Posts: 186
Reputation: 2,716

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

i suggest to you to
preload banner on start of layout before
then show the ad

same for interstitiel
B
45
S
16
G
8
Posts: 792
Reputation: 8,306

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32 pm

@matrixreal http://gyazo.com/de3babb06bd5b154e073fee30f6b55a6 is how I do Tappx. Search for Cordova Chartboost Plugin and add it in Intel XDK

@aquinn Tappx is cross promotion (give the website a look). However, with the 3rd party plugin you can set a percentage to change the ratio of showing tappx vs admob. For example 0.5 will show AdMob and Tappx 50/50. Also, Cordova Android build is good enough for small games such as http://bit.ly/threadapp.
B
7
Posts: 18
Reputation: 307

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 am

tharek wrote:@matrixreal http://gyazo.com/de3babb06bd5b154e073fee30f6b55a6 is how I do Tappx. Search for Cordova Chartboost Plugin and add it in Intel XDK

@aquinn Tappx is cross promotion (give the website a look). However, with the 3rd party plugin you can set a percentage to change the ratio of showing tappx vs admob. For example 0.5 will show AdMob and Tappx 50/50. Also, Cordova Android build is good enough for small games such as http://bit.ly/threadapp.


i'm using ejecta
just tel me how you convert an appdelegate call to javascript call ?
thanks
B
45
S
16
G
8
Posts: 792
Reputation: 8,306

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests