Admob messing with sounds

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • Hi! I stumpled on a very strange problem (bug?) with Admob, which seems to "mute" all my sounds in specific situation (but no music).

Despite music, I have also sound FX on/off switch in menu. It changes global variable. If it equals 1, then sounds like jumping are played. On 0 nothing happens. Without Admob this system works perfectly fine - I can turn off and on sounds every time I return to menu. But when I load and present admob interstitial ad (spearated layout) after completing level with sounds turned off... I just can't turn them on again. Variable and menu switch are OK - it looks like after a gameplay without any sounds, Admob advert just "drops" every sound on the project. Switch works only if I reload whole app. As I said before, it don't apply to music - menu switch works great and music is always loaded on layout/level start.

I'm using latest stable (not beta) Construct 2 and latest XDK witch cordova-plugin-ad-admob. I tried turning off sounds preload, setting "not silent" on layout begin. No effect, problem still exists. May it be related to test mode of Admob object in Construct 2? I would be grateful for your help - I literally caught it before release on Google Play and I have no idea whats going on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I did some screenshots - maybe it will be helpfull. I can show you anything needed... For me, this problem is dead end.

http://imgur.com/a/lzprQ

• Hey, I did some screenshots - maybe it will be helpfull. I can show you anything needed... For me, this problem is dead end.

http://imgur.com/a/lzprQ

Hi,

The problem is most likely in the layout the game is played... You can use the built-in C2 Event Search to find all the places your sound on/off var is located and see if it is set off at any time.

Oh, and I was curious if the js script StatusBar.hide() is needed to hide the status bar on some phones? I used every time browser- set full screen and it did seem to make it work...

• Thanks TRMG for the reply! Var is always OK - I used search on event sheets and additionaly I implemented var numer print into HUD to see its status inside game.

Meanwile I searched other sound related problems on the forum and it seems that I have a solution for my problem:

1) I moved sound files from Sound folder into Music folder.

2) I implemented manual preload on title/start layout.

Now everything is fine after Admob presentation and additionaly sound are played without any delay.

About your question. It seems that Fullscreen request gives the best results, but I find StatusBar.hide() helpfull on exotic Android ROMs. So I just have it to be sure.

• Hi Qam,

I am having the EXACT same issue. When i play video ads ( tried Admob, Chartboost ) it disables ALL sound effects when the video ends. I did report this in the "Bugs" section a few months back but it closed because i didnt upload a .capx ( my bad i know )

This happens on both Android and iOS with both INtel XDK and Cocoon.

Good to see its not only me having the issue.

Metric

• Oh, Hi MET1C!

I'm pretty sure, that in my case it's some strange bug with Admob object or plugin.

I don't use Cocoon, so I don't know how it would behave, but it's easy to recreate my problem in XDK.

Did you tried my solution with sound and music folders?

• Small topic bump. I've just released my game on Google Play and depending on device, problem is still there. In specific cases even music goes away after fullscreen Admob presentation... Right now I have no idea whats going on.

• best to post this in bugs wth a capx. I will do it also when i get closer to finishing my game in a week or 2

• Small topic bump. I've just released my game on Google Play and depending on device, problem is still there. In specific cases even music goes away after fullscreen Admob presentation... Right now I have no idea whats going on.

Hello! qam did you solve your problem?

• Hi guys. Found solution?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)