AdMob question

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • Hi to all.

few days ago an important update of my iOS game Mr. Dot was published, I put on my game AdMob banner.

in 6 days I have totalized 35400 impressions!

I think this is a big amount of impressions.... but only 0,36 € of gain.... it is normal???

is my first time with Advertising banner...and I don't know if something is wrong or is normal!

I put an image of my dashboard of AdMob

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/dna7807y9ijjb02/AAAqjQEvx5VYYoGyI6b7Km3Oa

I look your considerations

Thanks

• This is terrible bad result,

How did you compile your game?

• Join the club

• Yep, same here. I have about 60 000 impressions in a week and just got about 3$ for it on iOS With admob on Android I have about 500 impressions and got 6$ for it with the exact same ad settings on both platforms.

• With admob on Android I have about 500 impressions and got 6$ for it with the exact same ad settings on both platforms.

But that's not with C2, right?

• codah

you can have high eCPM on AdMob banners too.

It depends on i.e. clickability of your game

the real hurt is that interstitials does not have AdSense backfill,

so AdMob banners can be good,

but AdMob interstitials are terrible

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • codah

you can have high eCPM on AdMob banners too.

It depends on i.e. clickability of your game

the real hurt is that interstitials does not have AdSense backfill,

so AdMob banners can be good,

but AdMob interstitials are terrible

I'm really clueless about this. I need to do some reading.

• All this worries me, and definitely not generate any confidence about Construct.

I see too many coincidences, is there a possibility that it is a bug?

Have you tried to ask Ashley why the low and unstable income?

I have zero knowledge about the ads, so this is very disconcerting.

Good luck trying to find a solution, I will try too.

• > With admob on Android I have about 500 impressions and got 6$ for it with the exact same ad settings on both platforms.

>

But that's not with C2, right?

Actually both are made in construct. The Android version made in XDK generates 100 times more income than the iOS version made with CocoonJS. Sadly my iOS is the only one with alot of downloads so I wish it was reversed. I'll try to export to iOS with XDK and see if that changes anything.

Too bad it takes such a god damn long time to publish for iOS x)

• codah Here you can see the difference between Android and iOS. My Android game with 192 impressions has made double as much as the iOS verison with 32 000 impressions! That is insane and really shows that something is wrong And as I said. Both are made in C2 but in different exporters. Android is made in XDK and iOS is made in CocoonJS.

The currency is swedish krona and 7.00 SEK is about 1$ so as you can see I'm not getting rich at the moment

• codah Here you can see the difference between Android and iOS. My Android game with 192 impressions has made double as much as the iOS verison with 32 000 impressions! That is insane and really shows that something is wrong And as I said. Both are made in C2 but in different exporters. Android is made in XDK and iOS is made in CocoonJS.

The currency is swedish krona and 7.00 SEK is about 1$ so as you can see I'm not getting rich at the moment

Here's a couple of samples of mine. Both Android C2. AUD$1=USD$0.81. Also not retiring

[attachment=1:1cmvptii][/attachment:1cmvptii]

Here's the related installs

[attachment=0:1cmvptii][/attachment:1cmvptii]

• Anonnymitet codah

we should call ludei and ask them for native AdMob for Canvas+

when you compile app in CocoonJS, you can only use MoPub,

so it looks like: your app -> MoPub -> AdMob

there is no AdSense backfill, we don't know if MoPub works correctly all time, we don't know how much % they take; we just see much worse results comparing to native AdMob

when you compile app in Crosswalk, you can use native AdMob,

so it looks like: your app -> AdMob

and there is AdSense backfill, so you get more ads

from my experience I know that sometimes I see 0 clicks on MoPub, but i.e. 2-3 clicks on AdMob, so they don't count clicks well too

• I'm very very confused.....

there is not a mathematical formula that gives the resulting of what should be the gain compared to the impressions???

why all is so aleatory???

• I will just drop in my 2c.

I released a C2 app on iOS with iAd banners, as that's all I could figure out at the time, using xCode/Ejecta/iAd. My average daily income with banners was 50c over the next few weeks. See first screenshot.

Last Sunday with banners:

[attachment=1:1fc2za8c][/attachment:1fc2za8c]

I then figured out a process to use XDK/Admob (interstitial). The app went live this morning with the banners switched out for interstitial ads. As you can see there is quite a jump in revenue and the screenshot only shows a partial day as the updated app has only been live for 8 hours.

Partial today with interstitials:

[attachment=0:1fc2za8c][/attachment:1fc2za8c]

So I would recommend that you switch to Admob interstitial ads. The difference in revenue will be dramatic for a successful apps such as the apps you guys are describing.

• [quote:15mfic22]there is not a mathematical formula that gives the resulting of what should be the gain compared to the impressions???

Not every click or impression is worth the same. It depends on a lot of factors (for example: country of origin. A click from the USA for example is *much* more valuable in $ than one from a developing country)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)