AdMob question

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:@codah Here you can see the difference between Android and iOS. My Android game with 192 impressions has made double as much as the iOS verison with 32 000 impressions! That is insane and really shows that something is wrong :P And as I said. Both are made in C2 but in different exporters. Android is made in XDK and iOS is made in CocoonJS.

The currency is swedish krona and 7.00 SEK is about 1$ so as you can see I'm not getting rich at the moment ;)

Here's a couple of samples of mine. Both Android C2. AUD$1=USD$0.81. Also not retiring :)
app_ad_impressions.png

Here's the related installs
app_installs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:57 pm

@Anonnymitet @codah

we should call @Ludei and ask them for native AdMob for Canvas+

when you compile app in CocoonJS, you can only use MoPub,
so it looks like: your app -> MoPub -> AdMob

there is no AdSense backfill, we don't know if MoPub works correctly all time, we don't know how much % they take; we just see much worse results comparing to native AdMob

when you compile app in Crosswalk, you can use native AdMob,
so it looks like: your app -> AdMob

and there is AdSense backfill, so you get more ads

from my experience I know that sometimes I see 0 clicks on MoPub, but i.e. 2-3 clicks on AdMob, so they don't count clicks well too
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm very very confused.....
there is not a mathematical formula that gives the resulting of what should be the gain compared to the impressions???
why all is so aleatory???
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I will just drop in my 2c.

I released a C2 app on iOS with iAd banners, as that's all I could figure out at the time, using xCode/Ejecta/iAd. My average daily income with banners was 50c over the next few weeks. See first screenshot.

Last Sunday with banners:

Capture.PNG

I then figured out a process to use XDK/Admob (interstitial). The app went live this morning with the banners switched out for interstitial ads. As you can see there is quite a jump in revenue and the screenshot only shows a partial day as the updated app has only been live for 8 hours.

Partial today with interstitials:
Capture1.PNG

So I would recommend that you switch to Admob interstitial ads. The difference in revenue will be dramatic for a successful apps such as the apps you guys are describing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:59 pm

there is not a mathematical formula that gives the resulting of what should be the gain compared to the impressions???

Not every click or impression is worth the same. It depends on a lot of factors (for example: country of origin. A click from the USA for example is *much* more valuable in $ than one from a developing country)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:25 am

Is there any tips if someone want to get traffic in the app store?
What i see is even if you have a great game you won't get traffic without marketing.

Thank's
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 am

@JLH1964
So I would recommend that you switch to Admob interstitial ads. The difference in revenue will be dramatic for a successful apps such as the apps you guys are describing.

I already have an interstitial in those apps..

A0Nasser wrote:Is there any tips if someone want to get traffic in the app store?
What i see is even if you have a great game you won't get traffic without marketing.

Thank's

That's a different question :) I think there are topics related to marketing, etc.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:10 am

Interstitials are the most profitable and user friendly ads (because you don't have to put ugly banners everywhere in your layout), however, as I said:

AdMob interstitials on XDK = ok
AdMob interstitials on MoPub/CocoonJS = tragedy

My friend has 3$ / eCPM for native AdMob interstitials,
I have terrible low fill rate for AdMob interstitials on MoPub
and funny US$0.80 eCPM (which is worse than banners).

However my app won't run on Chromium (XDK)
and even if - Canvas+ is still much faster
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:45 am

Hello,

szymek wrote:@Anonnymitet @codah

we should call @Ludei and ask them for native AdMob for Canvas+

Well, I am glad to tell you all this is in our plans and in our roadmap and we are currently working on it. However, I can't tell you a date.

Regards.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:35 pm

@Ludei Great News!!!

Thanks
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General