Ads monetisation object in the near future?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello, i would like to know what its the possibility to have an object in construct2 that let me put some publicity in my game? i know there are a lot of plugins for that but i think that C2 should already have it.

Cheers!

• You can use "CocoonJS" plugin and then MoPub ads

• It's like a bandaid solution, I really want to move away from CocoonJS, horrid issues with it, least of all the glaring default permissions.

• iFrame plugin...

• The clay.io ads work like a charm too ;o

• iFrame plugin...Would it work with Android using Crosswalk?

• yeah i know there are a lot of plugins about that but i mean, if a lot of users are using plugins to get some stuff then why not to put that inside the real C2?

• It would be duplication of work that already exists in the many existing plugins and wrappers?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It would be duplication of work that already exists in the many existing plugins and wrappers?

i think that a good software have everything the users need, and make it easy to the users do stuff, plugins are for filling the lack of tools in a program.

• Uh, isn�t that the reason why plugins exist? Anyway, I�m testing with crosswalk now, I should have an answer shortly

• Uh, isn?t that the reason why plugins exist? Anyway, I?m testing with crosswalk now, I should have an answer shortly

I am curious how you went testing iframes with Crosswalk? I'm almost at the monetisation stage of my game.

• My only concern about using 3rd party plugins is that major changes to C2 - like the forthcoming introduction of multiplayer - could break them... and Scirra are forthright in not supporting 3rd party add-ons when it comes to bug fixing. Unless I've missed something they are still not permitted on the Arcade, for example.

If a bug is encountered due to a breaking change in C2 then the rectification work is left to the plug-in author, or the community in their absence. I grant that it probably doesn't happen that frequently, but the next few weeks will be interesting for sure. So, for people like me who don't know more than how to spell javascript, that leaves me feeling that Scirra doesn't support the non-code writer more than superficially.

Scirra sell C2 as a platform that gives non-code-writers the ability to make games and I think it's an excellent tool. However, some of of the juicy and very useful game-making functions, like ad support - the ones you want after you've messed around with making a simple platform game for your mates - are not provided at all and are only indirectly supported through the SDK.

I know this thread is about ad support, so I'll limit my diatribe here... C2 is still the best tool out there for amateur / non-coders to make games, but I do wish that ad support would be formally provided.

• Core features should not be via plugins. It should be default, then the developers would be inclined to leverage it with 3rd party wrappers to get it to work properly.

ie. Flawless in Crosswalk or CocoonJS.

• Core features should not be via plugins. It should be default, then the developers would be inclined to leverage it with 3rd party wrappers to get it to work properly.

ie. Flawless in Crosswalk or CocoonJS.

i think the same! thats why i create this post, if we are using a lot of differents plugins to put Ads in our games, why dont put a default object inside C2? to make the creation of a game more easy.

• Yeah, now that I�m trying to monetize my game, I agree with you guys, ads should be native.

Didn�t work for me on crosswalk ~_~

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)