Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 am

Blah, thanks for pointing that out. :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

The ACDemo example doesn't seem to move the camera at all, and the ACExamples file crashes Construct when I try to run it.

Running 99.82 here.

You also seem to have left a lot of backup example files in the Zip. :)

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

I can't get it to work. I'm using version 0.99.82.
I have this:

Start of Layout
> Create Camera with 100 for each margin
> Camera follow Player (no offset)

It does an offset to the left and above of the player (by 100 pixels each direction) and seems to use unbounded scrolling even though that isn't turned on for the layout (I checked).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 am

[quote="KrushBrother":1xfpj8sg]The ACDemo example doesn't seem to move the camera at all, and the ACExamples file crashes Construct when I try to run it.

Running 99.82 here.

You also seem to have left a lot of backup example files in the Zip. :)

Krush.[/quote:1xfpj8sg]
Blah, this isn't my day. The ACDemo and backup files were put in there by accident, so pay them no heed. Doesn't change the fact that my plugin is once again a broken piece of crap though. :P It confounds me... it was working before I released the update! :? I'm taking the download links down until I've sorted out the issue.

[quote="Mr Wolf":1xfpj8sg]I can't get it to work. I'm using version 0.99.82.
I have this:

Start of Layout
> Create Camera with 100 for each margin
> Camera follow Player (no offset)

It does an offset to the left and above of the player (by 100 pixels each direction) and seems to use unbounded scrolling even though that isn't turned on for the layout (I checked).[/quote:1xfpj8sg]
All margin values are relative to the center of the screen, meaning the top and left margins should be negative values. I'll probably change that at some point so it's less confusing.

As for the unbounded scrolling, the plugin -- as of 0.9b -- automatically enables the feature so less people have problems with rotation and zooming when it's disabled. You can bind the camera to the layout by checking the "Bind to layout" checkbox in the properties pane.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 am

[quote="linkman2004":3u6sco9z]Doesn't change the fact that my plugin is once again a broken piece of crap though. :P[/quote:3u6sco9z]
It may be broken, but it's certainly not crap mate. :lol:

Don't give up.
This is a great plugin.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 am

That fixed it, thanks.

BTW, if you leave "Center view on me" checked, it breaks the margins (expected) but also turns unbounded scrolling back on (even with Bind to Layout). Just something to remember if someone tries it out and it does that.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 am

Okay, everything seems to be working now. :) If you downloaded 0.91b, I highly recommend downloading this update immediately.

[size=150:1lurvodt]Advanced Camera Plugin - v0.92b[/size:1lurvodt]
[size=125:1lurvodt]Download Now(with example) - 152KB[/size:1lurvodt]

Additions/Fixes/Changes:
[FIX] - The plugin would crash in some instances, such as, for instance, trying to run the included "ACExamples.cap".
[FIX] - Scrolling would be completely broken in some instances.
[CHANGE] - The margins for object following have been changed from a position relative to the center of the screen to the amount of pixels from the center of the screen towards the specific border. This means that negative values are no longer necessary for the top and left margins.

Hopefully there aren't any major problems that I missed, but everything should be fine now. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 am

You work quick, thanks. If you someday add the center on player thing for margins, I will declare you the Hero of Construct :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 am

Nice work Linkman!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

The ACExamples cap works fine, with some nice examples, but the GridScrolling example doesn't seem to do anything.

I've looked at the cap, and it looks like it should work.

Krush.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion