Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:12 am

linkman2004. Did you get a chance to look at the CAP I sent you last week?

My game will not run in WInXP (tested on 6 machines). If i remove your plugin and just use Standard "FOLLOW" it will on on XP computers.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 am

[quote="Guyon":da6cnr7f]linkman2004. Did you get a chance to look at the CAP I sent you last week?

My game will not run in WInXP (tested on 6 machines). If i remove your plugin and just use Standard "FOLLOW" it will on on XP computers.[/quote:da6cnr7f]
I got your CAP and I responded to the message, but I haven't actually had a chance to test the CAP since I've been buys with work. I only have one computer with XP and it's currently running an older version of Construct with an older version of the camera plugin, so I haven't been to keen to set it up. :P I'll take a look at it as soon as possible, though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 pm

i simply dont get it!
I followed the eamples, and my scene crashes each time I try to switch from one camera to the other.
I love the eamples! I just wish I could get it to work.
Im running the latest construct
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Actually...I do get it!
Sorry....I was doing it all wrong!
Than heaps for what you have created!
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 pm

[quote="wiz":2xdwavvu]i simply dont get it!
I followed the eamples, and my scene crashes each time I try to switch from one camera to the other.
I love the eamples! I just wish I could get it to work.
Im running the latest construct[/quote:2xdwavvu]

Are you running XP? I have a game that ran fine with the ACP until the past few versions either ACP or Construct. So until those issues are worked out I stop using ACP.
*note the game runs fine under Win7 and Vista, the issue was just with XP ( all I get is a white screen)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm using gridscrolling. Is there a way to have the camera start in one "room" before the player gets there, then continue gridscrolling with him when he goes through it? The player starts in of the rooms, gets moved offscreen (all of start of layout), then enters very quickly (launched actually) back on screen. It always wants to show the first room he goes through in less than a second, but it works right if his initial start is in that room before he gets moved... It is all being very confusing and looks buggy...

Also, Debug doesn't work when ACP is used under certain conditions (no idea what they are). I think something might've gone wrong since every 5 minutes it seems like there's something else being weird about it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:24 pm

[quote="Mr Wolf":2nkk8b65]I'm using gridscrolling. Is there a way to have the camera start in one "room" before the player gets there, then continue gridscrolling with him when he goes through it? The player starts in of the rooms, gets moved offscreen (all of start of layout), then enters very quickly (launched actually) back on screen. It always wants to show the first room he goes through in less than a second, but it works right if his initial start is in that room before he gets moved... It is all being very confusing and looks buggy...

Also, Debug doesn't work when ACP is used under certain conditions (no idea what they are). I think something might've gone wrong since every 5 minutes it seems like there's something else being weird about it.[/quote:2nkk8b65]
Have the camera (any camera, this or the default construct one) center view on an invisible sprite, then move that wherever you want it to be. Then later have it follow the player and your camera will appear to follow the player too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm

[quote="Mr Wolf":191ph5t1]I'm using gridscrolling. Is there a way to have the camera start in one "room" before the player gets there, then continue gridscrolling with him when he goes through it? The player starts in of the rooms, gets moved offscreen (all of start of layout), then enters very quickly (launched actually) back on screen. It always wants to show the first room he goes through in less than a second, but it works right if his initial start is in that room before he gets moved... It is all being very confusing and looks buggy...

Also, Debug doesn't work when ACP is used under certain conditions (no idea what they are). I think something might've gone wrong since every 5 minutes it seems like there's something else being weird about it.[/quote:191ph5t1]
I'd suggest either posting a CAP or sending me one in a PM so I can help you out with the grid scrolling. If not the CAP you're using, then a fresh CAP showing a similar setup.

About debugging, I have no idea what's going on with that. I honestly don't know if it's a problem on my part or something wrong with Construct. :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 am

A weird glitch is happening when running my game in debug mode using this plugin. On all my layouts it runs fine when I preview it, but when I try to debug it, the scroll position gets set to (-1.$, -1.$) and obviously makes my game unplayable. The mouse position is also locked at (-1,-1)

I've isolated the problem to the Advanced Camera Plugin by disabling it and enabling 'Scroll to Object', which works fine in both debug mode and preview mode.

This plugin has been great so far and is crucial in my games, as I use it for cutscenes, so it's going to set me back quite a bit if no resolution can be found :(

Any help appreciated

- Shady

EDIT: Actually, my other layouts work only when I select them through the debug window, but the main one doesn't work. The only difference between the one which doesn't work and the one that does is the amount of objects on screen. The one that doesn't work has over 1000 objects in the layout while the others have below 400.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 am

I have no idea where the debug problems are coming from. I'm going to start completely rewriting this plugin sometime within the next week or so. Hopefully that will knock out all of these annoying problems.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion