Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:54 am

Maybe just wait till 1.0 comes out?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 am

[quote="Guyon":n4echexn]Maybe just wait till 1.0 comes out?[/quote:n4echexn]
Agh, don't say "wait until 1.0." I'm tired of hearing that. If he wants to rewrite it, he might as well start now so it can be done BEFORE 1.0. This is a major plugin, why wait until the official release of the program to redo it? In my opinion, it should be included in 1.0 along with most (or all) of the other currently optional plugins.

Good luck, linkman!

BTW, I did have to use a seperate camera object like I suspected and LMK suggested. It works flawlessly now. Strangely enough, I don't have the 1 (or -1),$ problem anymore. It just disappeared.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:18 am

Edit: Wrong topic.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:31 pm

[quote="Drule":21shft6z]Does the SpriteFont.Width value even work? I'm trying to set my graphical dialog box - a speech bubble sprite - to the width of the SpriteFont textbox, but it appears at a width lesser than the width of the textbox.

Take a look at this to see what I mean.[/quote:21shft6z]
Um... I don't think you posted this in the right topic. :P:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I meant to post in the SpriteFont topic. Sorry about that.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Another issue. Since I can't do much progress in my game as of now, I tried testing it on my crappy laptop to see if what I have so far works. It runs at around 15 FPS and the camera goes completely wonky, where it shifts back and forth (in a jittery manner from 0 to ~6000 on the X axis). I then replicated it on my PC where I capped the frames to 25 FPS and the same thing happened... it's kind of like a reverse dampening effect, where the jitter starts off slowly but increases rapidly.

Once in this immense jitter mode, if I move the window with the mouse cursor the camera freezes at a location (eg. x=6000). If I resize the debug window and leave the mouse clicked for a few seconds it resets the scroll location to that $ thing, but I think that's unrelated to this.

Same thing happens with 30 frames but at 35 frames, it just shifted like a pixel or two back and forth. I think it's safe to say it's dependent on the frame rate. At 37, the jitter isn't evident anymore.

I'm think you may have your hands full at the moment with that $ bug, but since this bug is dependent on framerate it may (or may not) help you with solving that bug too...

Additional info: this happens during a cutscene where the camera is zooming and scrolling to another object at the beginning of the layout. I'll be happy to provide anymore if need be.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:52 pm

None of these bugs are likely to be fixed for the current version. The code base is crap and fixing anything is a huge pain.

The good news is that I'm currently in the process of writing from scratch the next version of this plugin. The bad news is that it won't be compatible with the current plugin because I want to make some changes to how it works, so events will have to be changed over to the new version. With any luck, though, the rewrite should fix any bugs, or at the very least make it easier to find them.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 am

As a possible feature for the next version, it would be really great to be able to have more control over grid scroll zones. Mainly, I want zones to be able to have shapes like L or T, meaning, not just made out of the single shape that I choose as my grid zone object. Maybe it could just "combine" different instances of the object into one grid zone? That way a single square object could be used for all sorts of grid zones.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:24 am

One thing I noticed about scroll zones:

Depending on where the camera is the current area, when you switch to another area, the camera will move horizontally (assuming they're connected horizontally) then it can find that it's showing something outside the zone (e.g. above the zone) and will warp to be within the zone again.

I hope I worded that clearly enough, lol. Maybe there could be a way to scroll more smoothly? For example, in Super Metroid (which uses a little different scrolling for within the same room anyway to keep proper focus), the camera would move vertically to align itself with the next zone, then scroll horizontally. As long as it isn't warping that would be good.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm

hi there

I have a question about, what can you do with advance camera plugin.

I wonder if is possible to do in top down view race game, that camera follow the car like in 3d games.

can it be done?
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion