Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Just downloaded and tried this out today. WOW!! The ACExamples.cap is simply amazing. I can't wait to try this stuff out in a game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 pm

This is really cool, if you're okay with it I'll use it in my game :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 pm

finally checked it out
very nice
especially the transition example
makes even the simple example scene look pretty dynamic
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi, Really Nice Plugin :)

I found a small bug though when the character on the platform example falls from any floor, you can still rotate characters angle even if the grid camera movement is stopping the gameplay, try to move character back and forth at that moment to see the bug.

If this can be fixed, or maybe add an event that checks when the action of grid camera movement is occuring, it may help for example add an action of ignore user input at that moment and that will make it look much better.
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Once again, thanks for all the comments. :) I'm glad a lot of you find this useful.

[quote="thomasmahler":3c24v8e7]This is really cool, if you're okay with it I'll use it in my game :)[/quote:3c24v8e7]
Go right ahead, that's what it's there for. ;)

New version going up now!

[size=150:3c24v8e7]Advanced Camera Plugin - v0.8b[/size:3c24v8e7]
[size=125:3c24v8e7]Download Now(with example) - 149KB[/size:3c24v8e7]

Additions/Fixes/Changes
ADDITION - Two new conditions, "On Grid Scroll Start" and "On Grid Scroll End". The first condition triggers when the camera first starts scrolling into a new area, and the second condition triggers when the scroll into a new area ends.
FIX - Going off the top of the screen into a new grid area jumped instantly to the new area.

[quote="dmy":3c24v8e7]If this can be fixed, or maybe add an event that checks when the action of grid camera movement is occuring, it may help for example add an action of ignore user input at that moment and that will make it look much better.[/quote:3c24v8e7]
Unfortunately, fixing that would be out of my control, but as you can see, I added two new actions like you suggested that will tell you when a scroll to a new area starts and when it ends. The "GridScrolling" CAP shows these two actions in action.

As usual, be sure to report all bugs and possible feature requests you have. Enjoy!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 am

Wow, this plugin is awesome and really simple to use. One question with the follow camera though...is there a way to offset it on the Y axis? I'd like my character to be near the bottom of the screen rather than in the center. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:44 am

[quote="UberLou":2jmyi53z]Wow, this plugin is awesome and really simple to use. One question with the follow camera though...is there a way to offset it on the Y axis? I'd like my character to be near the bottom of the screen rather than in the center. Thanks![/quote:2jmyi53z]
Thanks! :)

By setting the offset angle to 270, the camera would be offset upwards, which should be the effect you're looking for.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Thats exactly what i was looking for. Not sure how i missed it...guess i was looking for an x,y offset option. Thanks a lot!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:43 am

this is a great plugin i must admit. but i didn`t completely understand what the angle and the other offset works in x,y space. can you help with the offset system of your camera?

and i couldn`t find a manual is there one?
B
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 pm

@bariscigal - Thanks. :) Here's a little diagram I whipped up to show how the offset system works:

How this works is that, given an offset angle, the camera will be displaced from the followed object at the given angle to a point X pixels out from the object(X being the offset distance). So given an angle of 42 degrees at a distance of 50 pixels, the relative X and Y positions of the camera from the followed object would be:

X = 37.16
Y = 33.46

If you want to set the offset to a specific X and Y offset, you can use the following method:

Offset distance = distance(0, 0, RX, RY)
Offset angle = angle(0, 0, RX, RY)

Where RX is the relative X value of the camera from the followed object, and RY is the relative Y value.

Hope that clears things up. :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion