Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 am

This plugin is amazing, Linkman O:. It almost makes me mad that you're just my age.

Almost. ^_^
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 am

I found a new one

When zoomed in the camera wont scroll all the way to the edge of the layout.

Cap file if needed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:40 am

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great plug-in! :mrgreen:
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:45 pm

[quote="nightofgrim":fcyccilg]I found a new one

Cap file if needed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap[/quote:fcyccilg]

That happens for a reason. I mean the camera should not be allowed to go beyond the layout should it?
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, guys. :) I greatly appreciate the feedback.

[quote="nightofgrim":3p7hk9gh]I found a new one

Cap file if needed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap[/quote:3p7hk9gh]
This is actually a problem with Construct. When unbounded scrolling is left unchecked, Construct doesn't seem to be taking into account the display zoom level when determining the edge of the layout relative to the edge of the screen. If you check "Center view on me" in the sprite's properties in that CAP and then set the zoom level yourself, you'll notice that it does the same thing.

I'd suggest reporting it as a bug, although maybe one of the devs could pop in and explain whether it's supposed to be this way or not.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 pm

yeah great work on the plugin, love the shake camera, gives a reel nice feel for explosions

about the debugging "bug" , i have the latest version installed,

it also only happens when creating and follow camera in one step, if you disable the follow it doesnt happen,

i tried setting follow after some timer but couldnt make it to work
B
G

Post » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm

[quote="linkman2004":2rmb975n]Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, guys. :) I greatly appreciate the feedback.

[quote="nightofgrim":2rmb975n]I found a new one

Cap file if needed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap[/quote:2rmb975n]
This is actually a problem with Construct. When unbounded scrolling is left unchecked, Construct doesn't seem to be taking into account the display zoom level when determining the edge of the layout relative to the edge of the screen. If you check "Center view on me" in the sprite's properties in that CAP and then set the zoom level yourself, you'll notice that it does the same thing.

I'd suggest reporting it as a bug, although maybe one of the devs could pop in and explain whether it's supposed to be this way or not.[/quote:2rmb975n]

May I suggest a work around?
How about an option to simulate bounded scrolling. So we would check "unbounded scrolling" and your camera plugin would compensate and only scroll to the edge.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:51 am

Love the plug in. One problem for me...

when I have a camera created, I cannot "Set Layer Angles." I can set the "Display angle" but not individual Layer angles. This plugin prevents it from occurring in Construct.

I didn't know what was going on for about 3 days now. haha.

Amazing Plugin btw. :)
B
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 am

Man, it's just awesomeness :D

I've tried your plugin and I'm really impressed! Think it's good idea to use it in my project (hope your plugin is not commercial :D).

Oh and it's nice to see new updates regularly here. I will tell you if something is wrong. Good luck, linkman!
B
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:08 pm

@nightofgrim - Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I've been busy with other projects lately so I haven't really been keeping up on this plugin. I'll look into adding this feature.

@strike911 - Thanks, man. :) The way I have rotation supported in the camera is that it rotates each individual layer except for those with specified exceptions, therefore undoing any external layer rotations. I'll look into finding a way around this.

@Russ - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) You can use the plugin however you want, commercial or otherwise, but a mention in the credits would be appreciated.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion