Advanced Construct2 developers

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 1:50 pm

If you are an advanced C2 developer or a pro developer in HTML5 and your main device is PCs (Windows, Mac, Linux) Read this great article/tutorial about the most important programs for making video games: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1009/important-programs-for-game-development I'm sure it will help alot. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Oh, I saw format factory on your list of programs for audio conversion. I'd actually recommend against that in favor of other software (since I've used FF and alternatives).

Audacity always work better for me to preserve the quality of files. Whenever I need to convert an MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or other lossy codec to WAV, Audacity converts a little better and has more options.

If you wanna try it out, it's a free and open source program. :)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm

I think some people also like Inno setup for creating installers,

at the end the toolbox will depend on a lot of factors, liek price, and functionnalities.

http://alternativeto.net/ is a website I check sometimes to see if there are alternative to some software for soem usage, not perfectly accurate but sometimes it helps
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Audacity (Audio editor, Open source)
GIMP (Graphic editor, Open source)
Inkscape (Vector graphic editor, Open source)
Blender (3D RAD, Open source)
Debut Video Capture (Paid) Screen video capture

There's just not one list, nevertheless open source softwares can help reduce the price of your toolbox with more than decent alternatives to otherwise overly complicated softwares.
Also you can download and use those without being a pirate.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 8:36 pm

There is also

Camstudio (opensource/ free) Screen recording
Microsoft Expression Design is vector base and also free. I bounce back between this and Inkscape.
Microsoft Expression Encoderis screen capturing/video editor and i think is great and also was made free
And if your a voice actor Screaming Bee Morphvox is great for $40
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 11:16 am

Audacity is amazing, very simple and intuitive. I have zero experience in sound mixing and editing, and it allowed me to instantly start downloading wavs from FreeSound etc and tinkering with them to fit my game :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Good tool, that were mentioned here ..but honestly....why is this called "Advanced Construct Developers" , that´s not really a fitting title to this!
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Beaverlicious wrote:Good tool, that were mentioned here ..but honestly....why is this called "Advanced Construct Developers" , that´s not really a fitting title to this!

I agree

I suggest "Beavers Anonymous"

:mrgreen:
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:35 pm

It's missing "ShoeBOX", to help organize spritesheets and mosaics, also "Tiled", where you're able to speed your work while doing maps.

"GimCAM" is the last one, free and useful to make that video or promotional GIF.

Good luck!
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas