Advanced Menu (Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Advacend Menu

Advanced Menu in the gaming style type Angry Birds. With save and automatic level load, scores and stars. The data is saved even if the application is closed. When the application and open the data (levels, scores and stars) carry automatically. Without using global variables and array. This template comes with a mini game to can test the advanced menu.

• Does this use the new Local Storage plugin?

The old Webstorage plugin is no longer supported....

• Does this use the new Local Storage plugin?

The old Webstorage plugin is no longer supported....

I will release a new version in the new stable version of Construct 2 (206).

• Sounds good! Looking forward to that

• > Does this use the new Local Storage plugin?

> The old Webstorage plugin is no longer supported....

>

I will release a new version in the new stable version of Construct 2 (206).

good morning my friend,

Constuct2 version 201 or higher, not disabled Webstore. It just is not enabled if included in new projects. But there is a way to enable WebStorage again. just replace the WebStorage version 201 or higher by WebStorage version 200.

I am sending you the tutorial to help you.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5uQevVdF50vfldmNmxJeTlFUDg4NFhpeV9qN0xselAzeDE3VzhzOGdvRmhVdWN5aks4MkE&usp=drive_web

Every time a plugin, behavior or effect of the construct is removed. You can copy the old version, it will work again.

• The webstorage plugin is still bundled with Construct2 and requires no replacement.

In the plugin dialog right click and select "Show deprecated plugins".

Thiago, you should remove your "tutorial" and advice to downgrade to an older version of the plugin from the file.

Also, it is generally bad practice to have a key named only as a number.

• The webstorage plugin is still bundled with Construct2 and requires no replacement.

In the plugin dialog right click and select "Show deprecated plugins".

Thiago, you should remove your "tutorial" and advice to downgrade to an older version of the plugin from the file.

Also, it is generally bad practice to have a key named only as a number.

Thanks for the tips, the next version, I will remove the downgrade; and changes the key to LevelNumber ("Level1, Level2, ...".

• Hi,

I purchased your "Advanced Menu" and it's great. Can you tell me how to add a "Next Level" button that records the score and stars. Right now you play a level and have to go back to the main menu and I'd love to have a button that goes right to the next level. I just don't know how to code it so it remembers the stars and score without going back to the main menu.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I purchased your "Advanced Menu" and it's great. Can you tell me how to add a "Next Level" button that records the score and stars. Right now you play a level and have to go back to the main menu and I'd love to have a button that goes right to the next level. I just don't know how to code it so it remembers the stars and score without going back to the main menu.

Thanks!

you should use the AdvancedMenuStarScore you model, which is only menu. AdvancedMenuStarScoreTemplate comes with next level. change the action "go to MenuLevel" to "" go to next Layout. "Me sends your e-mail address, I am sending you one video explaining you. if you want I can also adapt the menu to your project.

• Is this now using the builtin C2 save/load slot system?

• because wouldnt that be a problem when updating the game with new levels and such?

i just downloaded this again to hopefully use localstorage, that saves only current levels and highscore.

• Is this now using the builtin C2 save/load slot system?

- because wouldnt that be a problem when updating the game with new levels and such?

i just downloaded this again to hopefully use localstorage, that saves only current levels and highscore.

the versions 4.1, 5.0, 5.5, 5.6, using web-site storage.

• Hello I just purchased this template. Im wondering if anyone who has purchased this can help me understand what the various files are. The creator has included 12 capx files that all seem to be fully working menu systems but with slight variations in how they are built? Or in how they save data?

The files have good commenting for events, but there is no documentation explaining exactly what the differences between the various capx examples is... and what they are optimized for, or what the 'use case' is for each one.

The capx files are organized into folders 'LocalStorage' and 'LoadSave'... so what does that distinction mean?

Which of the capx examples is best optimized for use in a mobile game?

Thanks for any insight.

• Hello I just purchased this template. Im wondering if anyone who has purchased this can help me understand what the various files are. The creator has included 12 capx files that all seem to be fully working menu systems but with slight variations in how they are built? Or in how they save data?

The files have good commenting for events, but there is no documentation explaining exactly what the differences between the various capx examples is... and what they are optimized for, or what the 'use case' is for each one.

The capx files are organized into folders 'LocalStorage' and 'LoadSave'... so what does that distinction mean?

Which of the capx examples is best optimized for use in a mobile game?

Thanks for any insight.

The difference between the load / save and LocalStorage, is that the load / save saves everything (the positions of the objects, the last layout, etc). Already localStorage it only saves the score, star and levels that have been finalized.

Load / Save: it is good for beginners or your game has other things to save, because the load and save are done automatically.

LocalStorage: it requires a little more experience it is because the data is saved and loaded manually. If you only want to save the score, star and the levels that were finalized this is the best way, because it facilitates the upgrade.

There mode A and B. The way the results are displayed in a separate layout. The B mode the results are displayed on the level itself. the choice is the preference of the developer.

In a future update you should enter the documentation.

My project is a platform game for mobile? This project is already adapted to mobile device , web and desktop . all buttons accept touch.

• Hello thanks very much for this information, this helps me understand which of your examples I should try to customize to my project. I need to save data about:

-levels completed

-number of items collected in each level

-max number of collectible items in each level

-score.

I think therefore the localstorage system would be best (I dont need to save everything, like positions of objects etc for each level).

• Hi, is it possible to use or adapt the menue template for mobile portrait mode (720p) ? Because it looks more like optimised fot landscape.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)