Advanced Ragdoll example

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 am

Here's an example of a ragdoll character i am hoping to include in a game.

There's no instructions, just run it and the dummy will do the rest.

ragdoll
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 am

Looks great! What kind of game will you be building around this?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 am

[QUOTE=SullyTheStrange] Looks great! What kind of game will you be building around this?[/QUOTE]

Some sort of space based physics game?

..anyway here's the capx if anybody wants it.

Example

B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am

Thank you so much for your exemple.
I noticed now is possible also joints constraints. Fantastic! Now I'll redesign my game
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey man!! Its a big help xtra full done!!

Thanks for the show!!i really appreciate it!

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks Chris this will come in handy!http://www.scirra.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif
B

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 am

This is the coolest thing ever, Chris! I just happened to have a cutout fantasy character laying around, so I wired him up and he was floating around in space in no time.

It's actually rather creepy in a way. I spent a lot of time making this guy, yet he was never more than just an electronic paperdoll who would animate the way I made him. But now...

He's alive.

I'm going to add his other two limbs and then I'm going to watch him thrash around awhile. I may not sleep tonight.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 am

Very Nice.. Has anyone else done something else with this? I would love to see someone figure out a way to have RagDoll and Platforming co-exist, like w/ normal sprite behaviors for walking/running/shooting/etc.. but then for falling, jumping, swinging, climbing, bouncing, getting hurt / shot have it physics enabled so he could thrash around... I have a sidescroller game in mind already, and am looking for ideas / ways to make this work together.. I may end up with faking the physics and just doing normal sprite animations for everything, but it would be alot kewler if I could turn it on and off, especially for my game in the works.. ;')

Thanks for any and all help with this, ideas, suggestions, code examples, etc.. Thanks..

Ken aka StOrM3
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:57 am

[QUOTE=storm36969] Very Nice.. Has anyone else done something else with this? I would love to see someone figure out a way to have RagDoll and Platforming co-exist, like w/ normal sprite behaviors for walking/running/shooting/etc.. but then for falling, jumping, swinging, climbing, bouncing, getting hurt / shot have it physics enabled so he could thrash around... I have a sidescroller game in mind already, and am looking for ideas / ways to make this work together.. I may end up with faking the physics and just doing normal sprite animations for everything, but it would be alot kewler if I could turn it on and off, especially for my game in the works.. ;')

Thanks for any and all help with this, ideas, suggestions, code examples, etc.. Thanks..

Ken aka StOrM3[/QUOTE]

---------------------------

I think it's better to keep physics objects and platform objects seperate. You could always have a character (animation framed) for the platform stuff and a hidden physics based 'clone' that you would use for crashing, falling etc...you would just need to make triggers to make them appear and disappear.
--------------------------

Heres another example using the dummy to simulate a crash-

Test

Capx
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 am

The dropbox download link has no longer available,please reupload it! :)
B

Next

Return to Completed Creations