Adventure Game Prototype (5\10)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Here is an adventure type game that I've been slowly mocking up. I don't have any real direction with this game, I've just been having fun making a character and seeing where it leads me.

Everything is still work in progress. I'd like to add a lot more details to the castle. Right now I'm breaking down parts of the castle wall and adding snow drifts trying to get a feeling of a blizzard outside. Looking at this image now, everything is really grey. I need to add some color or maybe the next tileset will be more colorful.

• throw in an epic story line and that's gonna be a hell of a game!

• Your art is pretty spectacular. I'm looking forward to seeing more, that's for sure!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks guys.

Man...I'm looking at this now on a different monitor and its super dark. I'll be doing a pass on the brightness soon.

• Looks cool, i love dark styles.

but i don't think double jump fit the character.

• Love the art style

Just a little bit too dark

but looking forward to seeing where you go with this

• Here's an update of some climbing features. Also brightened up the tiles a bit.

A0Nasser I'm not sure If I'm going to keep the double jump but if I do there will probably be some kind of magic effect to tie it together.

• This is looking really good and professional. Your very talented. Good work.

• Wowo nice work, an inspiration to a noob like me. Please post more previews!

• Would love to see a tutorial on the whole cliff hanging action - how is that accomplished?

• awesome

• Very well done. Great animation. I love how the white windows contrast so well with the interior.

• Would love to see a tutorial on the whole cliff hanging action - how is that accomplished?

Same here, that will be helpfull. A tutorial or at least a comment to light up the way

• Looks great! Nice pixel art and animations.

• Hey desjardins2014 and , sorry I haven't responded yet. I can't do a tutorial right now because I have very limited time to even work on my own project. Hopefully I can lead you in the right direction though. For hanging on the platform, I just test for overlap at the top of the player’s collision box with the jump through platform. Then I switch behaviors to 8 direction and do some fixups to make sure the top of my collision box matches up to the jump through platform. I don't think it's necessary to use the 8 direction behavior, but because I have some other wall climbing abilities that use it, it made sense for my game. To climb up, I just move the player's collision box up until it isn't overlapping the solid anymore, then switch back to the platform behavior when the climbing animation is done. Hope that helps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)