Adventures of DaKoo the Dragon Greenlit on Steam!!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 am

@whiteclaws
your not being rude but it would help if you could elaborate more.

@NotionGames
Thanks for the suggestion, it's being done right now;)

@ everyone
Please feel free to rip it apart. I will do my best to address all of the suggestions I get. I really appreciate the feedback.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 am

I love the graphics, but if it had just a bit more consistency it would look way better, colors are good but don't show depth, and the line art lines is one of the things which needs more consistency. The glows I see on certain objects look like errors too.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 pm

It's awesome you made this, it is to be celebrated. I've a couple of first impressions:

The visuals are trying to be too complex, to really pull off this style at this level of detail I think you'll need some really good artists. Maybe try for your next game to find a more simple, pleasing style which can look pro even though the level of detail is less. A recent game to do this well is Thomas Was Alone which you can find on Steam.

It looks like a Mario clone, there's so many of these. I'm making a platformer and I'm trying to be as far away from Mario as possible just to force myself so find interesting design solutions to gameplay. I've spent a lot of time looking at Knytt Stories, Sound Shapes, Stealth Bastard and a whole bunch of others to find a new language for platformer design which is more contempoary than what we had in the 8 / 16 bit era.

CrudeMik2012-11-30 16:52:42
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I think it looks great!! It has a nice arcade feel to it. The videos look great as well. You did a good job on this. Keep up the good work, I think the art and sounds fit well together.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks for the feed back guys.
@Rory
I am working towards a higher level of consistency in regards to the line art and depth. chain of jump animations is already in. I'm adjusting them now.

@CrudeMilk
I'm sure you'll be successful, and thanks for your insight. Personally I wanted to make a game that was simple, familiar and fun to introduce the character and expand from there.
As for the similarity to Mario, I'm not copying mario but there is definitely a bit of an "Ode to"mixed in intentionally. With Mario not being on Steam, why not have an alternative.

@Drillfoot
Thank you, glad to read you like what you see.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 am

I've gotten a lot of feed back on Steam. Changes have been made accordingly and I wanted to get some feedback towards the new trailer/animations. The spin is gone and a fully animated flip is used to replace it. Let me know what you think:)

And Please head over to steam and vote. address and trailer are listed in the original post.
MelVin2012-12-15 04:22:55
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 am

this game looks good. When can we play?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks linkaevolution. Sorry there isn't a set date yet but I have started a facebook page for the game, for those that are interested and I will post updates here as well.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 am

Cool game,,, maybe improvement sound and image relationship... But the game idea is Amazing!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:50 am

Thanks tchem.
As for sound I might be out sourcing to a Studio with AAA title experience, no word yet but they reached out to me so there is potential:)

The game is constantly evolving, I have jsut finished adding the flying animations, and the Actual entire set will be given a once over once all the anims are final.

The game is still in development and updates have been added to Steam and IndieDB/ModDB

My first project is also available there but it is a COD5 expansion pack. For those that play, it's called NAMWAW...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/namwaw-vietnam-expansion-pack/news/namwaw-v251-has-been-released
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations